• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are men shallow?

A-ManESL

Belle falls in love with the Beast in his "beastly" form but prince falls for Cinderella only after her fairy godmother gives her a makeover. It proves that men are really shallow.

My friend came up with this example to prove her point. Can someone give me an example of the reverse...(its all in good fun)

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Ariel (from the Little Mermaid) fell in love with the prince guy immediately upon seeing him, and went out of her way to try and be something she was not in order to win him over. To be fair, the prince was just as shallow, although he at least waited a couple days before deciding to marry her, whereas Ariel was ready from day one.

Of course, all of the examples both of us have provided are completely and utterly fictional, and come from a company notorious for imprinting such bad morals on children (Disney). Can't really think of any real life stories of true love, let alone true love starting with someone in a "beastly" form, since true love is a lie.

futurezambian

Belle falls in love with the Beast in his "beastly" form but prince falls for Cinderella only after her fairy godmother gives her a makeover. It proves that men are really shallow.

My friend came up with this example to prove her point. Can someone give me an example of the reverse...(its all in good fun)

You can also look at Cinderella in another way. You can look at it as Cinderella was not willing to go to the ball without the Makeover. Cinderella automatically assumed that the prince would not like her without the makeover.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I see homely men all the time with good-looking women with them. But I also have seen somewhat homely women with good-looking men. So I think that some men can be shallow and some women can be shallow.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
People often bring up the example of Julia Roberts marrying Lyle Lovett. Then again, I've always seen that situation in the reverse, as anyone who would marry that annoying, horse-mouth skank must not be shallow at all.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
People often bring up the example of Julia Roberts marrying Lyle Lovett. Then again, I've always seen that situation in the reverse, as anyone who would marry that annoying, horse-mouth skank must not be shallow at all.
Are you referring to Lyle or Julia?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Men who want a woman because of her looks are just as shallow as women who want a man because of his car.

Okay so yeah...men are shallow. :p

Smoke

Done here.
The prince tried Cinderella's shoe on every woman in the kingdom, suggesting that he was so enamored of her beautiful mind that he didn't have the foggiest idea what she looked like.