• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are people on the internet even worth paying attention too ?

Massimo2002

Here is a question for today if fact I would stretch this further and say are most people in real life even worth paying attention to ? Because to me it seems like humans Excel at being around eachother but yet ignoring eachother why don't humans just kill and attack strangers like animals ?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Like anyplace, there are positive and negative people. Some places are cesspits such as "X" and some have quite a few decent people like RF.
Most of the "people" on Twitter/X are fake accounts, bots. It's really ridiculous. It's actually always been like that and Elon has nothing to stop it. I think he made it worse, actually.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
In my experience, one gets out social interaction what one puts into it. The majority of people, when approached in a friendly and positive fashion, will reciprocate what you give them.

I've learned over my years to enjoy these people and leave the toxic one's alone.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
why don't humans just kill and attack strangers like animals
Some do. Most of us would rather cooperate or associate with one another. Even when our opinions and beliefs may be at odds. Survival instinct probably.

Plus or negative, the folk we encounter on the internet (and in real time) keep us motivated. Some comfort us. Some annoy us. Some entertain. Some just tick us the heck off. I think we need it. We kinda crave it. Most are then worth it.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Here is a question for today if fact I would stretch this further and say are most people in real life even worth paying attention to ? Because to me it seems like humans Excel at being around eachother but yet ignoring eachother why don't humans just kill and attack strangers like animals ?

It depends. Some people might be interesting enough to pay attention to, whether online or in real life. People don't just attack and kill strangers because they also have to pay attention to the law.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Here is a question for today if fact I would stretch this further and say are most people in real life even worth paying attention to ?

I've found that you get what you give. Those i communicate with (including you on occasion) are worth it to me. There are others ... Not so much.

why don't humans just kill and attack strangers like animals ?

For one, we are mostly human, though i do have doubts about some people.

And two, most animals seem to be live and let live, though once again there are others... Example, the honey badger. Total headcase, will kill anything if there is a meal in it

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

The question for today is: "Are people on the Internet even worth paying attention to?" ??

If that's the question, my answer is: absolutely, as long as the content is interpreted in its context.