• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are SPiritual gifts really dead??? NOPE

Minister_E

OK im a student at Liberty University and we have had this conversation hundreds of times here about Spiritual Gifts tongues in particular....Most here in the bible belt say yeah they are dead I say no and heres why....

We understand that God said that he would pour out his spirit upon All flesh.....and evidence of the spirit we know are gifts like tongues...In Acts chapter 2 he say that the evidence is speaking in tongues.....

Ok so kowing that and GOd is the same God yesterday, today, and forever how can tongues be dead if he is constantly still pouring out his flesh.....

JSUT A THOUGHT...WAT U THINK.....

:shout

Dunemeister

All the gifts are still operative, although in different ways at different times. It's also worth noting that the lists of gifts presented in scripture are not exhaustive but exemplary. There are gifts bestowed that don't appear in scripture.

Minister_E

All the gifts are still operative, although in different ways at different times. It's also worth noting that the lists of gifts presented in scripture are not exhaustive but exemplary. There are gifts bestowed that don't appear in scripture.

THANK YOU!!!! finally someone who makes sense....lol

Master Vigil

While I definitely do NOT believe that spiritual gifts are dead. I don't remember the last time that someone broke out into another "real" language unknown to that person to spread the gospel to the people of that "real" language.

Dunemeister

Important note: Charismata (tongues, prophecy, knowledge and such like) have a long and storied history in pagan religions, too. We don't have to be skeptical of them because of that, but we do have to be discerning.