• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there Two Gods?

mixond

What has been pointed out regarding the Tempt Destiny Experiment is that science and religion do agree on one thing, that nature consists of pairs. That being the case, if we refute the TD experiment findings which are based on this universally accepted foundation then we are in essence admitting that nature is wrong and we are right?

Each time I go over this article, I find more reason to believe that if God created man in his own image as a pair (man-women), and if what the Bible tells us is true, then there are actually two Gods. The God of good and the God of evil, not one God. :facepalm:

Correct me if I am wrong in this understanding.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nature consists of pairs? Science and religion concur? Universally accepted foundation?

Where'd you come up with this fantasy, my apophenic friend?

Kerr

One, not everything comes in pairs. Such as man-woman. There exist organisms with no gender, such as bacterias. Second, good and evil are not forces or an actual part of the universe, they are concepts created by man (and probably by any other sentient being out there).

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
What has been pointed out regarding the Tempt Destiny Experiment is that science and religion do agree on one thing, that nature consists of pairs. That being the case, if we refute the TD experiment findings which are based on this universally accepted foundation then we are in essence admitting that nature is wrong and we are right?

Each time I go over this article, I find more reason to believe that if God created man in his own image as a pair (man-women), and if what the Bible tells us is true, then there are actually two Gods. The God of good and the God of evil, not one God. :facepalm:

There's actually three gods. You forgot to divide the 4 and carry the 3.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope

Or there is a God and a Goddess. Or even better yet, many Gods and many Goddesses. That's why God says He is a jealous God. He has more competition that He lets on about.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
There are infinite gods for every occasion, and any other permutation of fantasy you wish to apply. The only limiting factor is your imagination.

Cheers

ragordon168

One, not everything comes in pairs. Such as man-woman. There exist organisms with no gender, such as bacterias. Second, good and evil are not forces or an actual part of the universe, they are concepts created by man (and probably by any other sentient being out there).

well is it feasable that there are equal numbers of protons and electrons in the universe? (as every atom can become stable) if this is true then there should be an equal number of opposites (positive/negative, etc) so there should be a equal number of good and bad. and since god is the ultimate good then there should be an equal but opposite evil.

Science doesn't prove anything. It is constantly seeking to disprove something, hence all the repeated experiments to see if the same or different outcome occurs. Hence why theories aren't considered into the scientific community without papers and papers of data and charts and numbers displaying the outcome of experiments. Just because an experiment has yet to yield any data contrary to the theory still doesn't prove that theory is fact.

Last edited:

Kerr

well is it feasable that there are equal numbers of protons and electrons in the universe? (as every atom can become stable) if this is true then there should be an equal number of opposites (positive/negative, etc) so there should be a equal number of good and bad. and since god is the ultimate good then there should be an equal but opposite evil.
Protons opposite is not electrons, it is anti-protons. Just as electrons opposite is not proton, but positron. Matter and anti-matter you know. The opposite electrical charge of them is not a matter of them being opposites, it has to do with opposites in other aspects of physics (electromagnitism I believe it is... but it was some time ago I read physics, so I can be wrong). I didn´t say there exist opposites, I said it is not a universal law for everything.

Good and evil are still human concepts, they are not "real", not a force of some sort, so to speak. Without us they would simply not exist, and even among us we are not in agreement what they are.

mixond

You are right about most (not all) bacteria not being in pairs. However its molecular makeup consists of DNA which is based on pairs.

As far as what religion teaches, they too believe in the duality of our universe. Male and female is such an example. The concept of pairs is common to both practices of science and religion, as such, serves as a common foundation to both.

SO, if Man is created in God's likeness then there exist a Good God and a Bad God to reflect good and evil (as taught).

I learned a lot from the TD experiment page: http://temptdestiny.com/proof.html

Last edited:

Just_me_Mike

I say there can only be one

118150_highlander.jpg

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

Marcion tried this tack too. It didn't work then, either.

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
It doesn't matter. You see, as humans we cannot understand the infinite so we put masks on it to understand it better. So to humans there are many gods and things of that nature.

mixond

Marcion tried this tack too. It didn't work then, either.

Then please explain how is it that man is created in the likeness of God if God is singular?

Mankind is a dichotomy, meaning - male (right glove) + female (left glove) = mankind (pair).

For those of us who want to understand such teachings, God has to be dualistic, if not, then what the Bible says about mankind being created in God's likeness is a lie.

Last edited:

mixond

It doesn't matter. You see, as humans we cannot understand the infinite so we put masks on it to understand it better. So to humans there are many gods and things of that nature.

Cop-out, ambiguous position to say the least.

The more I've been trying to understand the contradictions of religion as a whole, the more I realize that religion seems to be more about wishful thinking than truth.

mixond

Science doesn't prove anything. It is constantly seeking to disprove something, hence all the repeated experiments to see if the same or different outcome occurs. Hence why theories aren't considered into the scientific community without papers and papers of data and charts and numbers displaying the outcome of experiments. Just because an experiment has yet to yield any data contrary to the theory still doesn't prove that theory is fact.

You are very knowledgeable about probabilistic experimental methods. What I found intriguing about the Tempt Destiny experiment is that it is not based on obtaining probabilities, only absolute results, otherwise know as truth. There is no degree of certainty allowed only perfect results are used as the gauge to see if the experiment (and its results) are true or not.

This is what caught my attention.