• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there Two Gods?

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
Cop-out, ambiguous position to say the least.

The more I've been trying to understand the contradictions of religion as a whole, the more I realize that religion seems to be more about wishful thinking than truth.

Its ambiguous because reality is ambiguous.

You are very knowledgeable about probabilistic experimental methods. What I found intriguing about the Tempt Destiny experiment is that it is not based on obtaining probabilities, only absolute results, otherwise know as truth. There is no degree of certainty allowed only perfect results are used as the gauge to see if the experiment (and its results) are true or not.

This is what caught my attention.
There are no perfect results. I studied what I could find on the subject, and if you are simply trying to predict if something happens, you will get a "yes/no" result, no maybes. Simply because a result is positive doesn't mean it will be each time. Nothing in the universe is absolute. Nothing science can "prove" is Truth. Religion can only prove its own Truth.
Yes there is dichotomy in some religions, and yes, Nature does show complimentary pairs, but where do hermaphrodites fall? Are these a mistake? But if all is created by God, then they are not mistakes, and by the logic of this thread, there then must be at least three Gods.
Nothing can be stated as Truth by religion or science. The closest science comes is: if all parts align just so and we introduce something, the most likely outcome is this (end result). The closest religion can come to Truth is relative to the religion in question.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Then please explain how is it that man is created in the likeness of God if God is singular?

Mankind is a dichotomy, meaning - male (right glove) + female (left glove) = mankind (pair).

For those of us who want to understand such teachings, God has to be dualistic, if not, then what the Bible says about mankind being created in God's likeness is a lie.
Humanity isn't a dichotomy, though. That's a false conclusion. We are not male or female. We are male and female. In the wholeness we achieve in our relationships, we reflect God's wholeness.

mixond

Humanity isn't a dichotomy, though. That's a false conclusion. We are not male or female. We are male and female. In the wholeness we achieve in our relationships, we reflect God's wholeness.

"We are male and female. In the wholeness we achieve in our relationships, we reflect God's wholeness." ... which is a dichotomy. You just confirm the question, in that two parts make the whole therefore, since man is created in the likeness of God, there are two Gods.

So there's God (good) and God (bad/satan).

"We are male and female. In the wholeness we achieve in our relationships, we reflect God's wholeness." ... which is a dichotomy. You just confirm the question, in that two parts make the whole therefore, since man is created in the likeness of God, there are two Gods.

Embodied in the same being? So God is both good and evil, God and Satan. Not separate, but one.

mixond

There are no perfect results. I studied what I could find on the subject, and if you are simply trying to predict if something happens, you will get a "yes/no" result, no maybes. Simply because a result is positive doesn't mean it will be each time. Nothing in the universe is absolute. Nothing science can "prove" is Truth. Religion can only prove its own Truth.
Yes there is dichotomy in some religions, and yes, Nature does show complimentary pairs, but where do hermaphrodites fall? Are these a mistake? But if all is created by God, then they are not mistakes, and by the logic of this thread, there then must be at least three Gods.
Nothing can be stated as Truth by religion or science. The closest science comes is: if all parts align just so and we introduce something, the most likely outcome is this (end result). The closest religion can come to Truth is relative to the religion in question.

Religion can NEVER prove its own "truth" as you say. God is man made from our own reasoning. He is a thought.

"but where do hermaphrodites fall?" its biology is comes from DNR which comes from pairs otherwise known as genomes. At the very core of nature everything comes from pairs.

As far as scientific experimental methods are concern, the Tempt Destiny experiment is unique in that it uses a dichotomized structure to obtain its results. This is very important since such a structure cannot produce "probable" results, only absolute precise results. I've been looking into this and cannot dispute it. It is what it is.

Last edited:

mixond

Embodied in the same being? So God is both good and evil, God and Satan. Not separate, but one.

It would appear to be that way. We all know that each one of us has our good side and our bad side.

So since the Bible tells us that we are made in the likeness of God, it all makes sense. One God both good and evil.

Kerr

You are right about most (not all) bacteria not being in pairs. However its molecular makeup consists of DNA which is based on pairs.
I am not speaking on molecular level.

As far as what religion teaches, they too believe in the duality of our universe. Male and female is such an example. The concept of pairs is common to both practices of science and religion, as such, serves as a common foundation to both.

SO, if Man is created in God's likeness then there exist a Good God and a Bad God to reflect good and evil (as taught).

I learned a lot from the TD experiment page: Science vs. Religion - Destiny is Evolution • Scientific Method for Truth
Or, if good and evil are concepts by an sentient mind then there do not have to be two deities, one for good and one for evil, since none of those actually exist on a material or universal level.

Religion can NEVER prove its own "truth" as you say. God is man made from our own reasoning. He is a thought.

"but where do hermaphrodites fall?" its biology is comes from DNR which comes from pairs otherwise known as genomes. At the very core of nature everything comes from pairs.

As far as scientific experimental methods are concern, the Tempt Destiny experiment is unique in that it uses a dichotomized structure to obtain its results. This is very important since such a structure cannot produce "probable" results, only absolute precise results. I've been looking into this and cannot dispute it. It is what it is.
I understand, I posed the post to illustrate a point that not all is seen through dichotomy. Male/female, good/evil, right/wrong, etc. are all one, not separate. Good and evil are one and the same, merely fluctuating. We see dichotomy because it is a package we can relate to. And religions all survive on the basis that their path is true. I have no religious path because I don't believe that there is any one path that can lead to truth, if we can attain truth to begin with.

Last edited:

mixond

I understand, I posed the post to illustrate a point that not all is seen through dichotomy. Male/female, good/evil, right/wrong, etc. are all one, not separate. Good and evil are one and the same, merely fluctuating. We see dichotomy because it is a package we can relate to. And religions all survive on the basis that their path is true. I have no religious path because I don't believe that there is any one path that can lead to truth, if we can attain truth to begin with.

Just like right glove/left glove, they are both gloves. Until that was pointed out in the TD videos, I just did not get it. Then Morales comes to the conclusion that destiny is evolution because of its properties. I am still spinning my head on this one.

Just like right glove/left glove, they are both gloves. Until that was pointed out in the TD videos, I just did not get it. Then Morales comes to the conclusion that destiny is evolution because of its properties. I am still spinning my head on this one.
Yes they are both gloves, but they are not ONE glove. Good/evil are ONE, not separate.

mixond

Yes they are both gloves, but they are not ONE glove. Good/evil are ONE, not separate.

Agreed (I think), like mankind is singular and male and female are the dichotomy of mankind. God is singular and good and evil is the dichotomy of God.

That's what I am getting from all of this.

sojourner

No, the parts are not diametrically opposed. They are complimentary, such that a mutually-advantageous relationship reflects God -- not the parts, themselves. This is not the same relationship as good is to evil.

sojourner

It would appear to be that way. We all know that each one of us has our good side and our bad side.

So since the Bible tells us that we are made in the likeness of God, it all makes sense. One God both good and evil.
Except that good is embodied in God -- not evil.

sojourner

Man was not created in gods likeness. God was created in mans likeness.
I believe you've got that backward.
If God is created in humanity's image, then the premise would work that God is a pair. However, that's not the case. The premise implies that we are a perfect image of God. We are not.

sojourner

I wish I could argue with you on that point. Either way the Bible is flawed.
Nobody's arguing the infallibility of the Bible. However, it is correct in its statement that humanity was created in God's image. And in its statement that God is One.

sojourner

Agreed (I think), like mankind is singular and male and female are the dichotomy of mankind. God is singular and good and evil is the dichotomy of God.

That's what I am getting from all of this.
That's not true, though. I am a whole human being, and I am male.