• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are u going to leave USA now?

Muffled

Jesus in me
So, how is it intolerant and hateful to say that your religious doctrine has no business dictating the lives of others, yet it isn't intolerant to say "same sex marriage isn't really marriage," because, according to your, doing so makes it so marriage has lost its meaning?

I believe I tolerate those sayings quite well but there are those who do not tolerate what I say. Some people make personal attacks. I do not. I say what I believe because I believe it to be true and I have no problem if another person does that also except one ought to be able to have logical reasons for what one believes.

dust1n

Zindīq
I believe I tolerate those sayings quite well but there are those who do not tolerate what I say. Some people make personal attacks. I do not. I say what I believe because I believe it to be true and I have no problem if another person does that also except one ought to be able to have logical reasons for what one believes.

So, you wouldn't mind if I said your marriage wasn't really a marriage, not in any real sense, at least?

Muffled

Jesus in me
There is that element among us, but they are a minority.
It's like those vocal abusive anti-abortion protesters.....I don't judge the whole by those few.

It seems precisely marriage....
- They pay the marriage penalty tax on dual incomes.
- They're in love.
- They raise families.
- They fight over money.
- They grow old together.....unless they get divorced.
I don't believe in judging by appearances.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
So, what's your logical reason?

dust1n

Zindīq
I believe not, because I would know the truth.

AH, well it doesn't really matter what you know, because your marriage is not real, and your actions will land you in eternal damnation.

Hey, I could get use to this tolerance thing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I believe that could be said of a rapist. He functions the way married couples do with the woman but there is a difference isn't htere?
There is no analog there.
The rapist uses sex as part of an assault.
Sex in marriage is to be voluntary.

dust1n

Zindīq
I believe that could be said of a rapist. He functions the way married couples do with the woman but there is a difference isn't htere?

Yea, the whole rape thing. Unfortunately homosexuality isn't really comparable to rape, as homosexuality doesn't involve forced coercion for sexual gratification.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
There is no analog there.
The rapist uses sex as part of an assault.
Sex in marriage is to be voluntary.
That is one of the ways that marriage has changed in the recent century. At one time sex in marriage did not need to be voluntary or consensual. That is one way the definition of marriage has been changed.