• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are US drone pilots war criminals?

Aquitaine

Tis easy for fans of big government to blame the "military industrial complex"....it takes away the culpability of voters & leaders they elect. Recently, Bush & a bi-partisan Congress sent us into dual wars. Obama continued these wars. Having worked for defense contractors designing weapon systems & other doodads, I just don't see them as having this level of influence. So I find it incredibly lame that people will vote for Obama, & then blame the evil capitalists for Obama's decision to continue the wars. I see it simply...if you oppose these needless wars, then vote for someone who really opposes them.

Sadly, the Demoblicans and the Republicrats both seem to be rather pro-war. That's what happens when you're trying to maintain and run an Empire.

dust1n

Zindīq
There are litteraly no words with which I can use to respond to this other than I pray that you are never placed in any position of power over other people.

Have a nice day.

I'm just following the natural consequences of your answers. No need to pray. I have no desire to lead anyone or kill anyone or be lead to kill anyone, ever, for any reason.

If I am going to have to constantly add qualifiers to my posts, that any reasonable person would assume without having to be told, then there is no point in continuing.

Brush up on your Laconian rhetoric. Why would I just assume your qualifications? Are we suppose to be mind-readers? The reasoning (the point, the function, the end-goal, the rationale) for any particular armed conflict is going to be rather central to whole question of ethics in warfare, I would think. Intentions are generally considered in judgment.

The point of war is to win to war. That is a rather unsatisfactory answer. What exactly did we win? Why are we rebuilding two countries? If my entire American existence will go off paying the cost to "win this war," as an ends in itself, I'm not going to be very happy about it, naturally.

But what I wanted to know was what you thought the "point of war" was, since you thought Luis was incredibly unfamiliar with it. Thanks.

dust1n

Zindīq
Tis easy for fans of big government to blame the "military industrial complex"....it takes away the culpability of voters & leaders they elect. Recently, Bush & a bi-partisan Congress sent us into dual wars. Obama continued these wars. Having worked for defense contractors designing weapon systems & other doodads, I just don't see them as having this level of influence. So I find it incredibly lame that people will vote for Obama, & then blame the evil capitalists for Obama's decision to continue the wars. I see it simply...if you oppose these needless wars, then vote for someone who really opposes them.

Hey, agreement. That isn't to say I don't have disdain for the military-industrial complex or the global weapons trade.

dust1n

Zindīq
So, you do not know what "winning" is other than it is immoral?

I would say that the "winning" itself, not to even mention the methods about which one goes about winning, is probably the central ethical question. Of what intentions is victory to be had. For example, I didn't find the intentions of either Rome or Carthage to be ethical at all. I would argue the scuffling for various territories, then giant acts of vengeance, and then basically genocide, are indeed a distinctly... unethical, for lack of a better word, aspect of foreign policy. It's not like I'm really that concerned with the soldiers of 2000+ years ago. But in reference to this apparently nameless war everyone is talking about, the function of winning holds extremely important considerations for basically the entirety of the war. Most people don't consider the bombing of Dresden to be all that bad.

Juhurka

I take it you are joking? There is no other reasonable explanation for this post of yours.

Exactly, *edit* and you do not know what self defense is. If someone tries to kill me and my family I will fight back until I completely destroy the other side, that does not make me a war criminal.

Last edited by a moderator:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Exactly, *edit* and you do not know what self defense is. If someone tries to kill me and my family I will fight back until I completely destroy the other side, that does not make me a war criminal.

Exactly which of the people killed by CIA drone strikes were trying to kill you or your family?

Last edited by a moderator:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
what do CIA strikes have anything to do with what I said? I was replying to the specific comment, read above and don't rush to conclusions.

This thread is about CIA drone strikes. My mistake for assuming your post was relevant, I guess

Aquitaine

Exactly, hence why many Iraqis (for example) took up arms and attacked invading troops from 2003 onwards.

Then, after they'd blown up an American or British military target with a remote-controlled IED, they got labelled "Terrorists" whom we must kill in order to protect *our* families back home, after our governments illegally invaded said country.....

lolwut?

Last edited:

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
It seems that US drones have been involved in the illegal killing of civilians. Sample source Amnesty International says US could be guilty of war crimes over use of drones - Telegraph
Who should be tried? The pilots? Their commanders? The politicians?
What is a just punishment if they were found guilty?

No. The people who order the strikes are. Though there should be some accountability going to the pilots. The excuse 'I was only following orders' has been used far too many times in history to justify atrocities.

Juhurka

Exactly, hence why many Iraqis (for example) took up arms and attacked invading troops from 2003 onwards.

Then, after they'd blown up an American or British military target with a remote-controlled IED, they got labelled "Terrorists" whom we must kill in order to protect *our* families back home, after our governments illegally invaded said country.....

lolwut?

Absolutely, I agree with you but you took my words out of context because it was addressed to a specific comment above.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
if the consequences of the missiles of drone were :
killing innocents or destroy civilian homes .....etc

that's for sure crimes

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Or state sponsored terrorism including education. Your world is not much innocent.

awwwwwwww !!

I am not agree with terrorism both sides of extrem groups killing people by name of my religion , and terrorism of Army that killing people by drone and bombs

btw
don't the USA was sponsored Bin laden to defeat Soviet Union

so the result USA is sponsoered terrorists and drome crimes !!!!:rolleyes:

Juhurka

awwwwwwww !!

I am not agree with terrorism both sides of extrem groups killing people by name of my religion , and terrorism of Army that killing people by drone and bombs

btw
don't the USA was sponsored Bin laden to defeat Soviet Union

so the result USA is sponsoered terrorists and drome crimes !!!!:rolleyes:

Both sides see them selfs as victims but the loosing side gets the right to claim war crimes.

You can go so far and claim what America did in Iraq was a war crime until you see all those suicide bombers going off on a daily bases in a tribal war. It is very common for your world, take the fakestinians for example, they become heroes when they succeed and scream apartheid when they get caught and go to jail, thats not a victim of war crimes that's a low life looser.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Both sides see them selfs as victims but the loosing side gets the right to claim war crimes.

You can go so far and claim what America did in Iraq was a war crime until you see all those suicide bombers going off on a daily bases in a tribal war. It is very common for your world, take the fakestinians for example, they become heroes when they succeed and scream apartheid when they get caught and go to jail, thats not a victim of war crimes that's a low life looser.
that's right both sides were victimes , the problem is that i guess the western people justify the crimes that done by the drone ....etc , and maybe did not considerate as crimes for some people .

i see that suicide bombers as crimes by the name of my religion , and i am against and never ever justify all the crimes that done by the name of my religion , which consequence innoncents .

but i don't think that you considerate "drone", or "missiles" , ....etc which killing innocents, as crimes ?

btw how about right now , the west sponsor the terrorists (rebels) in Syria , to defeat Bashar ? !!!!

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
the title of this thread suppose to be like this :

WHY the western people don't considerate the innocents victimes of DRONE as crimes ?

not are US drone pilots war criminals ?