• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we all related?

outhouse

Atheistically
According to Greg Graffin in his book Anarchy Evolution, we only need to go back 1000 to 2000 years before we find a common ancestor of any two random people.

I think greg drinks to much lol.

I know very little has changed in the last 2000 years

I believe our population was bottlenecked around 48000 years ago wih a volcanic event.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I would say that we are even related to anything that exists outside of this planet.

:yes: It's true because Joni Mitchell said so... gotta love the 60s. :D

We are stardust
We are golden
We are billion year old carbon...

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh. Well, I have no problem at all with incest, so that could be why I was kind of like "eh?" when I read that. XD Part of why I have no problem with it is precisely because we're all the same ruddy species anyway.

You'd sing a different tune if you met anyone from Hunterdon County or the Pine Barrens in NJ. Family trees don't have many branches. :run:

:D

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
I would say that we are even related to anything that exists outside of this planet.

I can't imagine how this would be possible. The genes that formed the earliest organisms on Earth were only a few of the trillions of possible combinations. It would be highly unlikely that on another world with similar conditions the same genes would come together in exactly the same way to produce the same organisms, and then that they would evolve on an identical path. Any life on other worlds would likely be radically and fundamentally different from life on Earth although convergent evolution might produce outward similarities.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
Everything in the universe, every atom, is all from the big bang.

They just are taking lifes evolution, into the ontext of the atoms that make up every aspect of all life.

Oh, we are stardust, I get it. I'm a little thick sometimes. Ask any of my relatives.