• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we god?

So i'll start off with the question of what is god? god as most people would agree on is the master of all time and space. He is essentially an infinitely advanced alien with the knowledge of everything future and past.
But how was god created? what is god physically? and how could he know everything of the universe? could god have been created before the big bang or the existence of anything for that matter? no..although it is illogical to think that god wasn't around before everything was made he is the master of time and space remember? but at the same time it is impossible that he was created before everything was. So what does this mean. First I want you to think of a pretty big paradox our universe, how can something come from nothing? did god make it then make himself? This is implying that god was created in the future from billions upon billions of years of technology and knowledge. So basically god kickstarts his own creation which when you think about it isn't all that incredible since he is god after all. So this leads me back to my first question of, are we god?
This brings up some incredibly interesting questions when will the species of the universe become god? will we all? or just a single species? is it simply joining together as one mind and presto bango god? and when god is created in the future what about the god that was already there that started the universe? would it just be like meeting yourself from the future. Finally it makes me think if god is us and is in control of all why do we have so much death and pain. or is it all just a primitive way of thinking of ourselves as special and life is valuable or life is actually gods mean of creating himself which is inevitable as he will be made anyways sooner or later by us or others. or Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

ps. i should change the title it doesn't make sense and is not coherent with my theory it should say did and will we create god by our own work?

Last edited:

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Yes we are god, if you mean the all pervading force. We are the cosmos. Each and every one of us. All existing things.

you are not the cosmos you are not the universe or god personally i mean that billions of years from now your ancestors will be but as of right now you are just a fleshy machine with an ego

How about the devil instead?

what you mean the devil? like a billion years from now we are going to invent an "evil" thing to kill and break a bunch of stuff? hahaha and plus evil is just a made up concept from us humans because it describes others selfishness and self love overpowering and harming other's self love and selfishness

Titanic

what you mean the devil? like a billion years from now we are going to invent an "evil" thing to kill and break a bunch of stuff? hahaha and plus evil is just a made up concept from us humans because it describes others selfishness and self love overpowering and harming other's self love and selfishness

A joke.

Rainbow Mage

How about the devil instead?

IMO the devil or Satan is just another way of seeing the all pervading. Satan represents experiencing the divine in the physical, in sense and pleasures, yet knowing these to be also the tools of ascension.

Rainbow Mage

you are not the cosmos you are not the universe or god personally i mean that billions of years from now your ancestors will be but as of right now you are just a fleshy machine with an ego

Sure I am god and the cosmos. So are you. We live in it and we're all tied together like webs in the pattern.

As for my descendants- I'm kinda doubtful I'll have any

you really like the word pervading dont you? and i have literally no idea what you mean by that last part of your sentence explain it in a way that makes sense

Titanic

IMO the devil or Satan is just another way of seeing the all pervading. Satan represents experiencing the divine in the physical, in sense and pleasures, yet knowing these to be also the tools of ascension.

EP I was just joking man. Satan I believe does not exist.

and ok we are all made of the same stuff what does that mean? this is the same thing as my car tire being the same as a nuclear missile they are made of the same stuff but don't connect in any way

Rainbow Mage

EP I was just joking man. Satan I believe does not exist.

Oh I believe Satan exists and I view him quite unlike Christians. Seeing him the way I do he is quite beautiful, the dark god, experienced in the pleasurable and sensual

ummmmmm ok? have you seen this satan? does he whisper to you at night? haha because i'm pretty sure the devil has literally nothing to do with pleasure in any way the people who came up with him designed him to be everything you hate if you like pain he'd give you joy there's no way of liking some theoretical moster that does the exact thing you hate and knows the best way to do it

and so how do you describe satan?

I believe we are part of God, so yes.

But we are not the whole.

how are we a part of god? in genetics wise maybe but that is the same way that we are connected to the prairie dog creatures we evolved from a bit of a leap especially when god is supposed to be older than the universe it's a mighty jump indeed 14.7 billions years to be exact :)