• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are We Real?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
If God made the universe, it would exist in a universe amongst it, or something else that is not called a universe but technically would be one.

Therefore, it MADE this universe, it MADE us all, we were just MADE. We make universes and people already, only they are called Video Games.

So technically we wouldn't be real, just created. Video Game-like creatures.

Am I right?

You are not right. We just happened, so we are real because we are all we now. you can speculate us not being real in a sense that we could have been created but that because we were created doesnt mean we still can't be real. Im pretty sure we our real, because we think we are real. When you begin to question if we are real then you will question why you are alive, and then that will lead to suicide to get a better realization of realness. So, long story short we real.

Orias

Left Hand Path
If God made the universe, it would exist in a universe amongst it, or something else that is not called a universe but technically would be one.

Therefore, it MADE this universe, it MADE us all, we were just MADE. We make universes and people already, only they are called Video Games.

So technically we wouldn't be real, just created. Video Game-like creatures.

Am I right?

Well video games are "real".

Synthetics may be fake, but much like a breast implant, one may say, "Oh, her boobs are fake," but realistically her boobs are real, and they are as real as the synthetic enhancers behind them. :D

I wouldn't really consider us anything, because labels are irrelevant to anything. We just are.

But I understand completely, I often think about such things as well. For all we know, we could be a simple thought, in the Universe of one man's mind.

It's much like, I think things into existence, they may not be "real" as defined by some, but the thoughts are "real" to me, as lose as that sounds.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
Sum the question is not are we real, the question is, how real are we?

Perhaps if you specified more I could get more in depth.

How real are we, by means how true is a person to themselves and others, then I would say that we all have multiple faces in stock, even if only one of them is commonly used.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Perhaps if you specified more I could get more in depth.

How real are we, by means how true is a person to themselves and others, then I would say that we all have multiple faces in stock, even if only one of them is commonly used.

I mean that this world is a world of maya (illusion). An illusion is real, but it is only a cheapened, distorted picture of what is actually real. That is what I meant by real. Friend Sum asks if this dream world of the gods is real. In a sense, yes. Depends what we're calling real.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I mean that this world is a world of maya (illusion). An illusion is real, but it is only a cheapened, distorted picture of what is actually real. That is what I meant by real. Friend Sum asks if this dream world of the gods is real. In a sense, yes. Depends what we're calling real.

I see, I would also be inclined to agree with you.

But I don't think it's so much as what we are calling real, more so how you define real.

A fabrication is very "real" as dependent on the senses. A fabrication is also very real, dependent on metaphysical and philosophical thought.

Unfalsifiable on the grounds that a real universe and simulated universe are indistinguishable where they match other or they can't be compared. Basically don't worry about it

Orias

Left Hand Path
Sum of Awe, the concept that I believe you have discovered is called Pantheistic Solipsism. You should google it sometime. :D

I would be inclined to agree with you, though I wouldn't specify solipsism to just Pantheism or even Panentheism in general. From my personal Satanic background, Solipsism is a "sin", simply because it is beyond most people's ability to comprehend.

It is one thing that may seem "unpragmatic", but it is also one thing that is seemingly unavoidable.

3. Solipsism—Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.

AfterGlow

Invisible Puffle
Unfalsifiable on the grounds that a real universe and simulated universe are indistinguishable where they match other or they can't be compared. Basically don't worry about it
I agree. Although it would be cool to learn we are living in a simulation, make life seem a little less random.

AfterGlow

Invisible Puffle
I think for some people their life and their achievements would become meaningless.
That's sad. I mean, ultimately everything we do is meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but people should be able to apply meaning to their own lives that isn't conditioned on external phenomena being a certain way.