• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You a F.R.O.G ???

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Diuresis of the kidney is just one harmful affect of water on the body. Does this mean that water is necessarily harmful?
Diuresis is a normal function why would it be harmful? Water is not a harmful affect on the body, the body is comprised of water. Water accounts for 45% to 75% of body weight, depending on age, sex, and amount of body fat.
The kidney filters and rids the body of excess fluid by diuresis. Diuresis is a positive way of lowering blood pressure for those who have hypertension, by removing extra fluid from the body.... Water is a necessity for the human body....

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
Oh, I'd certainly agree that a large consumption of alcohol over a short period is more likely overall to cause significant damage to our body then the same amount of water, but that doesn't amount to alcohol = harm. All it means is that we have a greater tolerance to the latter then the former, but both can cause significant harm if taken to excess.

It's also not entirely one way; how do you account for the evidence that suggests moderate alcohol consumption retards the development of RCC cancer?

Ok you mean the excessive passing of urine, a symptom of diabetes.....

Yes, but it can also be caused by water intoxication.

.lava

Veteran Member
Bennu, are you saying that drinking water may make people ill? never heard of this before :confused: i find it difficult to believe...is there anyone who's allergic to water?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Bennu, are you saying that drinking water may make people ill? never heard of this before :confused: i find it difficult to believe...is there anyone who's allergic to water?

I don't believe the word he is using "intoxication" is the correct term he needs I believe he is speaking of over hydration. This is when the kidneys usually can't filter and through off the excess fluid and it results in something like Congestive heart failure or the lungs become saturated and you have to receive a diuretic to help the kidneys rid the body of the fluid. If the kidneys are not functioning properly then they may have to do dialysis. Sorry FFH didn't mean to take the thread in this direction just wanted to clarify this medical statement.

.lava

Veteran Member
I don't believe the word he is using "intoxication" is the correct term he needs I believe he is speaking of over hydration. This is when the kidneys usually can't filter and through off the excess fluid and it results in something like Congestive heart failure or the lungs become saturated and you have to receive a diuretic to help the kidneys rid the body of the fluid. If the kidneys are not functioning properly then they may have to do dialysis. Sorry FFH didn't mean to take the thread in this direction just wanted to clarify this medical statement.

then it is not about alcohol or water, it is about limit of organs.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
then it is not about alcohol or water, it is about limit of organs.

The chance of alcohol poisoning occuring can be great with a large amount of alcohol this can prove fatal. There have been a lot of teen deaths attributed to alcohol poisoning. This is certainly more serious than just being over intoxicated. It's a result of absorbing too much alcohol over a short period of time and can effect the central nervous system. The person can become unconscious and may be unable to respond. There are several different symptoms and you don't necessarily have to display all of them in order for it to be poisoning.....

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I have heard of people who drank too much water and drowned in their own body fluids. This tells me that overindulgence of anything can be fatal- even with something we need to survive. :)

.lava

Veteran Member
I have heard of people who drank too much water and drowned in their own body fluids. This tells me that overindulgence of anything can be fatal- even with something we need to survive. :)

yes but that does not prove water in some cases is bad for us. it only proves our organs have limits.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Mohammad beiruti,
Pray for GOd to lead you to the right path...

Am sure that he will not disappoint you

Kindly show me that *god* , you are talking off.
Besides personally rely on *NOTHINGNESS* which never fails me.
Love & rgds