• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arguments or evidence for god(s)

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Plenty of arguments, none with evidence in the scientific sense. But none are original I'm afraid. Plantiga and other more trained philosophers are probably the only ones that have anything that is "new" and original.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
You are maybe one of the few honest ones :), glad to know you.

But if there is not evidence for god why believe in him, and why not believe all the other endless unprovable concepts?

Well, I'm a panentheist, not a monotheist. This means I believe that, essentially, all of creation is part of the Supreme Reality called Brahman.

I have a natural inclination towards worship/reverence of God and Gods, and considering the fact that when I'm not actively practicing my religion, I get depressed, and I am not depressed when actively practicing it, I see no reason to stop believing. Besides, I also have a non-conventional belief that most, if not all, of the Gods worshiped throughout history have been real people given divine status for various reasons (kings, sages, warlords, etc). After all, many contemporary people have been given this status.

Why not believe in unicorns, dragons, etc? These are supposed biological entities, the former of which is, from what I understand, biologically possible (since horses are genetically related to other horned animals), and the latter being an awesome fantasy creature that, if they existed, I'm pretty sure we'd have found them by now.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
This question is about as original as fleas on a dog :D:D (Just teasing).

There is no scientific evidence for God. That is why it is called "faith". :)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I didn't meant believe in sense of blind faith, i meant believe in the sense that it exists.
I mean why think some thing is true when there is no evidence for that truth, and even evidence against it?

You see, I have "evidences" for God that would be totally ridiculed by people who don't believe- they are not scientific in the slightest. I don't and won't post them, because I would be opening myself up to ridicule. I am here to learn about other faiths, not to prove mine, so it is a moot thing for me, anyway. :)

You see, I have "evidences" for God that would be totally ridiculed by people who don't believe- they are not scientific in the slightest. I don't and won't post them, because I would be opening myself up to ridicule. I am here to learn about other faiths, not to prove mine, so it is a moot thing for me, anyway. :)

Ok how about you PM me i very curios :), you have my word that i will not ridicule it.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Ok how about you PM me i very curious :), you have my word that i will not ridicule it.

If you want. I have mentioned these kinds of evidences before on all Christian sites and was made fun of terribly by the non-believing members (yes, even all Christian sites have atheist members)!! I guess I don't blame them, since scientific evidence is the only evidence that a lot of people want and will accept. :)