• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Artificial intelligence and the soul OR Karma

You are welcome to your beliefs. In humans also, we go through all options and their possible results to arrive at a decision (and call it free-will). I do not think your formulas would help. What the theists/monotheists say has been trashed by atheists all over the world. What you say is not going to make a difference. At least I am a bit tired of the theists' arguments.

Actually, I used to be an atheist for a long time, and I probably thought like you concerning free-will. Having been involved much in Computer Science (and studied it at degree-level), I encountered studies on AI which probably made me more atheistic.

I am not sure whether I have developed a concrete proof of free-will but I think I may have come up with a very convincing argument, at least it is convincing to me.

You are welcome to your beliefs. In humans also, we go through all options and their possible results to arrive at a decision (and call it free-will). I do not think your formulas would help. What the theists/monotheists say has been trashed by atheists all over the world. What you say is not going to make a difference. At least I am a bit tired of the theists' arguments.

I have posted argumentation for the existence of free-will that can be found here.