• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask a...

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Can't get it here.
The green drink in this part of the world is the green fairy (absinth) and you don't want to be drinking that. I believe it's illegal in the US unless it's thujone free anyway.
Does it really make the heart grow fonder?

*Slaps knee and laughs because I'm pretty sure nobody else is going to*

Bthoth

*banned*
crabby, frazzled person who's just waking up and hasn't drank their caffeine yet questions.
OK you asked for it:
I read the story about the hairy christna,

Here is a summary:

There was a demon by the name of Narakasura.
He had captured 16,100 beautiful unmarried girls in this area and kept them as sex slaves. When Shri Krishna killed Narakasura, he freed these 16100 sex slaves of Narakasura. After freeing them, all the girls requested Shri Krishna to marry them as the society would never accept them.

Krishna can be considered as a teacher who, in spite of having no need of a wife went on to expand into many forms just to fulfill his wives’ desires and satisfy them.

If that is true and he took care of 16,100 wives why doesn't every man on earth consider him a god?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
**!!!We interrupt this thread for an important announcement!!!​

Once again I will be flying to Chicago because trying to use Amtrak's website makes me want to throw my phone in the river.

We now return you to the thread already in progress. ***​

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
OK you asked for it:
I read the story about the hairy christna,

Here is a summary:

There was a demon by the name of Narakasura.
He had captured 16,100 beautiful unmarried girls in this area and kept them as sex slaves. When Shri Krishna killed Narakasura, he freed these 16100 sex slaves of Narakasura. After freeing them, all the girls requested Shri Krishna to marry them as the society would never accept them.

Krishna can be considered as a teacher who, in spite of having no need of a wife went on to expand into many forms just to fulfill his wives’ desires and satisfy them.

If that is true and he took care of 16,100 wives why doesn't every man on earth consider him a god?
Its always been a little bittersweet for me. He had all those wives, but loved Radha best... and couldn't have her.

Once again I will be flying to Chicago because trying to use Amtrak's website makes me want to throw my phone in the river.

My first impulse would have been to pee on the phone. But, that's nonsensical.

So I'd just pee on Amtrak.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Just keep taking in that garlic.

Maybe some asparagus to go with it...
Good idea! But I think I'll just mail it to them. I finally got through on the website and it turns out train travel for that day costs three times as much as the plane.

Orbit

I'm a planet

I have personal experience with this, so I can relate. When vacationing on the east coast, the day before the trip, Amtrak emailed me that we wouldn't be allowed to take any luggage on the train. WTF??!! We had to book a flight to get where we were going.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
crabby, frazzled person who's just waking up and hasn't drank their caffeine yet questions.

Would you go to GS and buy a bag of microwaveable kimchi dumplings for me? I would do it myself, but I’m too tired. Here’s my card. Get whatever you might want, too. Be sure you know how to say 안녕하세요, 감사합니다, and 네.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
I'm an uncultured swine and I drink diet Mountain Dew. Warm, from the bottle.

Lol! This reminds me of Dale Gribble on King of the Hill saying, ‘Boil up some Mountain Dew; it’s gonna be a long night.’

Speaking of being uncultured, when I was at a restaurant with some co-workers lately, I tried to eat using chopsticks, which looked awkward. So, I said to everyone at the table, ‘As you can see, I don’t normally eat with chopsticks. I’m a barbarian.’ Everyone laughed. Then, someone got up and brought me a fork. I would have just used my right hand to pick up the rice and salad, but that would have freaked everyone out.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Would you go to GS and buy a bag of microwaveable kimchi dumplings for me? I would do it myself, but I’m too tired. Here’s my card. Get whatever you might want, too. Be sure you know how to say 안녕하세요, 감사합니다, and 네.
Absolutely!
Lol! This reminds me of Dale Gribble on King of the Hill saying, ‘Boil up some Mountain Dew; it’s gonna be a long night.’
Its been agreed that my husband's personality is a combination of Dale Gribble and Boomhauer. However, he only drinks energy drinks.
Speaking of being uncultured, when I was at a restaurant with some co-workers lately, I tried to eat using chopsticks, which looked awkward. So, I said to everyone at the table, ‘As you can see, I don’t normally eat with chopsticks. I’m a barbarian.’ Everyone laughed. Then, someone got up and brought me a fork. I would have just used my right hand to pick up the rice and salad, but that would have freaked everyone out.
Probably... I don't know why, though! Its simple!