• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me anything about Torath Mosheh

Ehav4Ever

I have a bit of time for the next two weeks so I find this format a bit interesting. Any question on any topic. I try my best to be well versed in as many disciplines as possible.

A couple of conditions:
  1. Depending on the question I will try to answer within two days.
  2. In all questions I will try to provide what the source material actually says, in the language we Torath Mosheh consider authoratative, then I will explain what it means.
  3. Be prepared that I will provide sources for what I explain. Details are important to Torath Mosheh Jews.
  4. Please be aware that I am willing to answer any question, to the best of my ability, but that I may need to explain it in way that some people might take issue with.
    • I will stick to the concept of "historically it has been....." or "historically this is the source of...." in areas where there may be some contraversy.
Let's see how it goes.

Last edited:

Redemptionsong

I have a bit of time for the next two weeks so I find this format a bit interesting. Any question on any topic. I try my best to be well versed in as many disciplines as possible.

A couple of conditions:
  1. Depending on the question I will try to answer within two days.
  2. In all questions I will try to provide what the source material actually says, in the language we Torath Mosheh consider authoratative, then I will explain what it means.
  3. Be prepared that I will provide sources for what I explain. Details are important to Torath Mosheh Jews.
  4. Please be aware that I am willing to answer any question, to the best of my ability, but that I may need to explain it in way that some people might take issue with.
    • I will stick to the concept of "historically it has been....." or "historically this is the source of...." in areas where there may be some contraversy.
Let's see how it goes.
I'm interested in hearing your interpretation of 2 Samuel 22. Does God come to earth?

I would like you to provide an English translation [transliteration] of the Hebrew, if possible. Thank you.

Ehav4Ever

I'm interested in hearing your interpretation of 2 Samuel 22. Does God come to earth?

I would like you to provide an English translation [transliteration] of the Hebrew, if possible. Thank you.

I will put something together for you. One question. Which part in the English you provided do you think describes a "god" coming to earth? Also, what is your definition of a "god?" I will have something for you by tomorrow at the latest.

Redemptionsong

I will put something together for you. One question. Which part in the English you provided do you think describes a "god" coming to earth? Also, what is your definition of a "god?" I will have something for you by tomorrow at the latest.
I'm referring to the 'Rock' [Deuteronomy 32:4]. Does the rock come to earth? [verse 10] How does He rescue the subject of verse 18?

Ehav4Ever

I'm referring to the 'Rock' [Deuteronomy 32:4]. Does the rock come to earth? [verse 10] How does He rescue the subject of verse 18?

Okay. Now I understand your question. Here is the first part of your answer. There will be two additional parts in about 20 minutes or so.

upload_2022-3-1_16-19-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-3-1_16-18-17.png
    upload_2022-3-1_16-18-17.png
    886.3 KB · Views: 1

Ehav4Ever

So, if you go back to what I provieded earlier. An active causitive verb type called (הפעיל) is used to describe the situation. I.e. Hashem caused Dawith ben-Yishai to be delivered from his enemies. I.e. the environment with which Dawith (David) could succeed were put in place by Hashem as a part of reality. For example, even something as minute as the air that Dawith was breathing, his phyical ability to run/hide/evade, and his knowledge of the landscape are ascribed to Hashem since these abilities are seen to have their original origin with Hashem. Similar to if someone provides me the tools to build something. I built it but with their tools.

All of actions that were taken for Dawith (David) to either escape or overcome his enemies is described in 1st Shumel (Sam.) 19 - 24 and 2nd Shmuel (Sam.) chapters 1-21. Chapter 22 is a song that Dawith ben-Yishai (David) composed after all of those events took place to recount his perspective about them.

In Jewish tradition we acribe all of our victories to Hashem. Our perspective is that even if Hashem created the environment from which we can succeed and we did the work that Hashem is the one who caused us to succeed. We have loads of brachoth (blessings) that we say that ascribed things that we have done to Hashem, even though we did it.

The rest of the answer coming soon.

Last edited:

Redemptionsong

So, if go back to what I provieded earlier. A causitive verb type called (הפעיל) is used to describe the situation. I.e. Hashem caused Dawith ben-Yishai to be delivered from his enemies. I.e. the environment with which Dawith (David) could succeed were put in place by Hashem as a part of reality. For example, even something as minute as the air that Dawith was breathing, his phyical ability to run/hide/evade, and his knowledge of the landscape are ascribed to Hashem since these abilities are seen to have their original origin with Hashem. Similar to if someone provides me the tools to build something. I built it but with their tools.

All of actions that were taken for Dawith (David) to either escape or overcome his enemies is described in 1st Shumel (Sam.) 19 - 24 and 2nd Shmuel (Sam.) chapters 1-21. Chapter 22 is a song that Dawith ben-Yishai (David) composed after all of those events took place to recount his perspective about them.

In Jewish tradition we acribe all of our victories to Hashem. Our perspective is that even if Hashem created the environment from which we can succeed and we did the work that Hashem is the one who caused use to succeed. We have loads of brachoth (blessings) that we say that ascribed things that we have done to Hashem, even though we did it.

The rest of the answer coming soon.
I'm with you, reading with interest!

Ehav4Ever

Last bit. Essentially, to sumerize. Dawith (David) saw all of the events mentioned earlier as a success which he attributes to Hashem. He saw that his enemies were often stronger than he yet he was able to succeed. It is because Hashem caused him to succeed. i.e. gave him the tools to succeed.

As an example to the above. There are brachoth (blessings) that Torath Mosheh Jews say after things happen to us good or bad. This is something similar.

upload_2022-3-1_17-57-53.png

Redemptionsong

Last bit. Essentially, to sumerize. Dawith (David) saw all of the events mentioned earlier as a success which he attributes to Hashem. He saw that his enemies were often stronger than he yet he was able to succeed. It is because Hashem caused him to succeed. i.e. gave him the tools to succeed.

As an example to the above. There are brachoth (blessings) that Torath Mosheh Jews say after things happen to us good or bad. This is something similar.

View attachment 60512
If David had all the tools to succeed, why did God not allow him to build the temple?

rosends

If David had all the tools to succeed, why did God not allow him to build the temple?
From I Chronicles 22:6-8

“You have shed blood abundantly, and have made great wars; you shall not build a house in My name, because you have shed much blood on the earth in My sight.”

Ehav4Ever

The link you provided is the personal web-site of Rabbi Michael Shelomo. The page you referenced was from when he trained in the Abir Qesheth self defense system. I trained in it at the same time as he did. I still train in it and I maintain the web-site. Abir-Qesheth.

Torath Mosheh is a term from the Hebrew Tanakh that is defined as:
"All ancient, authoritative, and authentic historical texts, concepts, judicial rulings, practice, and traditions that trace directly back to the singularity of the giving of the Torah at Mount Sinai, as it was transmitted from Hashem to Mosheh ben-Amram and all of Am Yisrael, and has been preserved by their descendants who are from the most ancient communities of Mizrahi, Teimani, Sepahrdic, Maghrebi, and Ashkanazi Jews."
Thus, for example you may be familiar with Orthodox Judaism. Orthodox Judaism generally speaking describes the practices and such of Ashkenazi Torath Mosheh Jews.

Ehav4Ever

Because in Torath Mosheh there are several things that had to happen to establish a permenant Temple in Jerusalem. One of them was that what is called Avodah Zara or foreign work had to be uprooted from the land of Israel. Dawith did that which paved the way for the possibility of having a permenant structure.

Yet, there is a view that when Dawith waged war there were times when there was calateral damage. He fought the wars for the right reason but the reality is that a leader of the Jewish people is held to a higher standard for all mistakes they make.

In a similar way, Mosheh (Moses) was not allowed to lead Israel into the land of Kanaan because of one of his actions. His student Yehoshua bin-Nun (Joshua) was the one assigned to the job. Mosheh (Moses) did a lot of training and work to insure that his top student Yehoshua bin-Nun could succeed at the job that Hashem chose Yehoshua bin-Nun to perform. By like token, Dawith's son was chosen for the job of the Temple and according to Torath Mosheh sources Dawith did a lot of work to make sure his son Shelomo (Solomon) could succeed at the job.

Lastly, consider the following example. Though I have all of the tools to be a successful EMC engineer it doesn't mean that I have the permission from management to develop a new office for the company.

Redemptionsong

From I Chronicles 22:6-8

“You have shed blood abundantly, and have made great wars; you shall not build a house in My name, because you have shed much blood on the earth in My sight.”
What does this say about the support Hashem gave to David in defeating his enemies? [Post 10]

Redemptionsong

Because in Torath Mosheh there are several things that had to happen to establish a permenant Temple in Jerusalem. One of them was that what is called Avodah Zara or foreign work had to be uprooted from the land of Israel. Dawith did that which paved the way for the possibility of having a permenant structure.

Yet, there is a view that when Dawith waged war there were times when there was calateral damage. He fought the wars for the right reason but the reality is that a leader of the Jewish people is held to a higher standard for all mistakes they make.

In a similar way, Mosheh (Moses) was not allowed to lead Israel into the land of Kanaan because of one of his actions. His student Yehoshua bin-Nun (Joshua) was the one assigned to the job. Mosheh (Moses) did a lot of training and work to insure that his top student Yehoshua bin-Nun could succeed at the job that Hashem chose Yehoshua bin-Nun to perform. By like token, Dawith's son was chosen for the job of the Temple and according to Torath Mosheh sources Dawith did a lot of work to make sure his son Shelomo (Solomon) could succeed at the job.

Lastly, consider the following example. Though I have all of the tools to be a successful EMC engineer it doesn't mean that I have the permission from management to develop a new office for the company.
You say that David fought war for the right reasons. What do you understand these reasons to be? [A pertinent question at this time!]

Ehav4Ever

You say that David fought war for the right reasons. What do you understand these reasons to be? [A pertinent question at this time!]

1. To uproot Avodah Zara from the land of Israel.
  2. To make sure that the nations who were known to culturally do Avodah Zara in the area were no longer identifiable in the immediate area.
  3. Establish the Torah by leading the people of Israel in Torah.
  4. To pave the way for there to be a permenant Temple.