• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask your questions about God here.

TruthaboutGod

I will do the best I can to answer them in a timely manner. I understand this is a religious forum, even though I am not religious, I can still answer questions about God.

I noticed that the specific forum rules here state: "This forum is for religious discussion and learning. If you don't quite agree with what has been posted then start a thread in the debate section."

As such I am not here to debate anything, if you are confused or do not understand the answer, please let me know and I will do what I can to explain the answer further.

to truthaboutgod..:hi,you are engaging in such a daunting task. Lets start with an easy question ,,how is it that our finite sins condemn us to infinite hell? p.s. I have an infinite number of questions re. god.......harley davidson

TruthaboutGod

to truthaboutgod..:hi,you are engaging in such a daunting task. Lets start with an easy question ,,how is it that our finite sins condemn us to infinite hell? p.s. I have an infinite number of questions re. god.......harley davidson

To be defined simply: Heaven is with God, Hell is without God. If you choose to live a life against God, why would you be with God when your physical life expires?

Sins can be forgiven, however if you choose to rebel, rather then ask forgiveness, is it not logic that you are requesting to be seperate from God? God's Greatest Gift to mankind is Freedom, you are free to choose to be with or without God.

A

angellous_evangellous

BruceAlmighty.jpg

robtex

Veteran Member
I will do the best I can to answer them in a timely manner. .

why is God invisible and why after sending probes across our solar system and pointing the hubble telescope in a 360 around our planet peering into neighboring universes can we not see God?

TruthaboutGod

1. Is God comfortable?

2. Would He like a drink?

3. Does He like beer?

1. That would depend on which moment in time you are referring to. If it is at this exact moment in time, I have no idea, as this topic never came up in our discussions.

2. No

3. See the answer to number 2.(If He does not drink, then He would not consume beer)

TruthaboutGod

why is God invisible and why after sending probes across our solar system and pointing the hubble telescope in a 360 around our planet peering into neighboring universes can we not see God?

Invisible? If you walk up to an electric fence and touch it, do you not get zapped? Yet did you see the electricity? God is a Pure Energy Entity, as such, He is not normally seen, however He can take any atomic form that He desires. It has been mentioned in the Bible that He has appeared many times.

John_672

Omnitheist
In order to answer this I would need an example of a prophet that has a different understanding.

All the Hebrew Prophets, Jesus, Mohammad, The Buddha, The Gurus of the Sihk Religion, The Bahá’u'lláh, Joseph Smith, Aleister Crowley, Neale Donald Walsch, Me...

In short anyone and everyone who has every written a holy text or transcribed a conversation with the divine entity known as God. How do you account for those prophets who have a different understanding of God?

You see, there are only a few different options... You can claim that some were close to the truth, but did not grasp it fully, while others were delusional. The problem with answering this way is that there is nothing to prove that you are not the delusional one. You could claim that your revelation of God's truth is just the latest in a long line of revelations. The problem with this is that you open the door for further revelation, even if you say that yours is the final revelation; just ask the Muslims. You could claim that your truth is a personal truth, in which case we are all experts and need not take your word as final. Finally, you could claim that yours is the only truth and all prophets before you are liars, madmen, or fools. *That* my friend, would destroy your credibility completely.

The problem with claiming to have all the answers is that you are expected to produce solid understandable... answer. If you have those answers, I'm all ears. Yet, you can not expect that these answers will go unchallenged. You make yourself a target by saying you have the skinny with God.

I'm not trying to say you didn't have an experience - I'm merely asking you how you go about reconciliating that experience with the experiences others have had. How you answer that question is a very good indication of serious you truly are.

Troublemane

Invisible? If you walk up to an electric fence and touch it, do you not get zapped? Yet did you see the electricity? God is a Pure Energy Entity, as such, He is not normally seen, however He can take any atomic form that He desires. It has been mentioned in the Bible that He has appeared many times.

So this God you speak of has invisiblity and can become corporeal at will. Sounds like a super-hero. :D

I was wondering how can you answer questions about God if you are not religious? Perhaps you mean not a representative of any formal, exoteric faith?

TruthaboutGod

... that didn't answer the question.

O.K. You are then asking me to define God? I have answered this question on my website, let me C&P the answer...

"I AM He Who Is the Creator of everything Known and Unknown in the Existence of Reality."

If this still does not answer your question, please help me a little so I can comprehend what it is that you are asking.