• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask your Questions regarding Christianity.

Shermana

Heretic
I'm not a Monotheist, but a Henotheist. Read Psalm 136:2?

Meanwhile, the concept of the Trinity in which there is "G-d the Father, G-d the Son, G-d the Spirit"....is......Polytheism. But this is for another thread.

And I can guess why you skipped out on the question of repentance from what exactly.

Do you notice that so-called "Christians" are often hesitant to say what to repent from, Fallingblood?

What do you think of 1 John where it calls those who avoid the commandments but claim to know Christ "Liars".

Last edited:

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
What it is there is only one G-d, and that is G-d. Yeshua is not G-d any more than any other human is.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
I'm not a Monotheist, but a Henotheist. Read Psalm 136:2?

Meanwhile, the concept of the Trinity in which there is "G-d the Father, G-d the Son, G-d the Spirit"....is......Polytheism. But this is for another thread.

And I can guess why you skipped out on the question of repentance from what exactly.

Do you notice that so-called "Christians" are often hesitant to say what to repent from, Fallingblood?

What do you think of 1 John where it calls those who avoid the commandments but claim to know Christ "Liars".

Actually I skipped it because I thought it was obvious that I meant sin given the context. In the contex which "repentance" was used has it ever meant anything other than sin?

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
So did you not catch the part where I said , or just ignore it?

I admit that I ignored it because I never thought there was any real debate about what "sin" means. It is the breaking of God's law. The failure to both love God and love our neighbor.

Shermana

Heretic
So do you agree that "Loving G-d and your neighbor" is not just one law but over 600 individual ones? (THough many less without the Temple standing).

What do you think of 1 John 5:3?

Last edited:

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
So do you agree that "Loving G-d and your neighbor" is not just one law but over 600 individual ones? (THough many less without the Temple standing)

Actually, I believe Matt 22:36-40

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Shermana

Heretic
Do you think its possible that its trying to say by "all the laws hang on these two commandments" that every one of the Laws involves Love of G-d and neighbor? What do you suppose the Greek for "hangs" means?
New Living Translation (©2007)
The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments."
What does "love" mean exactly?

1 John 5:3
This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

NIV

Last edited:

Shermana

Heretic

So then why did you say precisely?

What do you think of 1 John 5:3?

Who is the "Liar" according to 2:4?

http://nlt.scripturetext.com/1_john/2.htm
New Living Translation (©2007)
If someone claims, "I know God," but doesn't obey God's commandments, that person is a liar and is not living in the truth.

What do you think of 2:6?

Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
[/URL]

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Shermana: I'm a Christian. Of course I believe we need to follow all God's commandments in order to love our neighbor. Can we jump to the point without all the questions? Is this about Christians following all the Jewish dietary laws and the like in Leviticus? It sounds like you're trying to set me up for a check mate. I've got nothing to hide. If you're right about what you want to prove lets get to the point so I can live Jesus' message better.

Last edited:

Shermana

Heretic
Consider yourself in Check.

Yes, you must obey the Dietary Laws, (regardless of how you interpret Paul), otherwise you open yourself up to the concept of...Cannibalism. And there's many others. Like not defrauding, which Jesus specifically mentions (Thus, he refers to more than just the 10 commandments). And the Sabbath. And planting your garden with mixed seeds. And breeding two different kinds of animals. And farmers letting their fields lie fallow every 7th year. (Which is necessary to even keep up the fertility). Many attempts are used to say Christians don't have to, and they are all fails in the face of 1 John and others. As I've said in other threads, true Christianity involves becoming a member of Israel, and this is why I (and numerous other "Messianic Jews") consider Paul to be a false apostle that Jesus warned about. But this was originally for Fallingblood to answer.

Last edited:

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
What about the fact the whole church body came together in Acts to make the ruling? Are you saying you think the early church including Peter who at first staunchly argued your position was mislead into changing his mind?

Shermana

Heretic
What about the fact the whole church body came together in Acts to make the ruling? Are you saying you think the early church including Peter who at first staunchly argued your position was mislead into changing his mind?

If you go by the Council of Jerusalem's ruling, you're allowed to murder and steal and defraud and lie and swear falsely (Which may explain historical "Christian" behavior). And I'd bet you would still eat Blood sausage anyway. (Many think they are allowed to eat blood regardless of Acts 15). Many scholars consider Acts 15 to be a later addition, and would violate everything Yashua said. And it violates what James' epistle says. If anything it's telling that Christians believe they can ignore Jesus's teachings and go by Acts 15 as if that trumps Jesus.

Last edited: