• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assassination of President Bush (darn Brits!)

Ryan2065

I didn't see this posted anywhere so I figured I'd post it!

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=232368&GT1=7703

A British television network plans to broadcast a dramatic, documentary-style film about a fictional assassination of U.S. President George W. Bush, the network's head said Thursday.

"It's an extraordinarily gripping and powerful piece of work, a drama constructed like a documentary that looks back at the assassination of George Bush as the starting point for a very gripping detective story," Dale told reporters.
"It's a pointed political examination of what the war on terror did to the American body politic," he said.

What do you all think? Is this bad taste? Apparently its really about the war on terror but also revolves around a fictional assassination of Bush...

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Sensationalism at its worst would be my guess. I doubt I will watch it.

The film-maker did state that he wanted to open a dialogue about American foreign policy. One talking head indicated that is an extremely slick production, so much so, that one could think they are viewing a "real" documentary.

Perhaps Michael Moore's lasting edifice will be the creation of the Shlockumentary.

Booko

Deviled Hen
YmirGF said:
Sensationalism at its worst would be my guess. I doubt I will watch it.

The film-maker did state that he wanted to open a dialogue about American foreign policy. One talking head indicated that is an extremely slick production, so much so, that one could think they are viewing a "real" documentary.
They just had a bit about this on CNN not five minutes ago. From the bit I caught, yeah, it's not something I'd be interested in watching either.

There are plenty of ways to get dialogue going that don't involved making a documentary out of your fondest dreams. :sarcastic

It did look like a slick production, from the clip they ran.

I suspect it was produced by Latvian Intelligence Services...

Oh, but how I wish this was true sometimes, with the illegal war and all.

Other days, like today, I just try to let it go.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Much as I dislike Bush, I have to say the idea's in bad taste in my mind.

The fictional assasination of any living current world leader leaves a bad taste.

Having said that, what night does it air? ;)

c0da

I'll probably watch it out of interest, but I'm guessing from some of the rubbish channel 4 broadcasts, I very much doubt it is to spark political dialogue - as far as the TV bosses are concerned, it's just a way of shocking their way to high ratings.

greatcalgarian

I think it is the prelude of another conspiracy. Perhaps Bush is going to be actually assasinated in the near future (before the election, or the eve before the election date), as the 9/11 conspiracists have always claim that incidents were created to allow the war-team to continue their war propaganda. That would be a perfect excuse to start a war anywhere, if Bush is murdered, and the Republicans can continue in power, and continue their war on terror. This time, perhaps they will put the blame on Iran President. Bush is a small pawn in their war game, if they can think of killing thousands of ordinary American citizen, what is a not so intelligent, dispensable Bush? and can be sacrificed easily........Just another crazy conspiracy thought.:p

Ody

Sunstone said:
Obviously, this is a horror movie. If Bush is assasinated, Cheney becomes president.

Mr President, can i get a comment?

"**** YOU!"

:cool:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Ryan2065 said:
I didn't see this posted anywhere so I figured I'd post it!

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=232368&GT1=7703

What do you all think? Is this bad taste? Apparently its really about the war on terror but also revolves around a fictional assassination of Bush...

We have seen a few documentaries (over the last few years) in which a panel of 'disaster experts' have had to react (whilst being filmed) to a dramatic event which, for the sake of argument, they have to accept as being real (The point of the show).

I have only watched onesuch (no more, because the one show made it perfectly clear to me that the experts, when needed most would be as at a loss of how to react as I would):rolleyes: ; maybe this is one of those scenarios ..............