• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assuming life after death....

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Who.....or what....do you expect to be standing over you?.....after you surrender your last breath.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Everyone connected to me that has passed on already and the angel of death unfortunately.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Friend AND foe?.....or is it all good in some way?
I don't know. I'm not sure if its meant to be just family or everyone. But I could hear that there is no distinction between friend and foe in the world of Truth.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I don't know. I'm not sure if its meant to be just family or everyone. But I could hear that there is no distinction between friend and foe in the world of Truth.

I grew up with a story about one third of heaven in rebellion.
Man was the pivot point of the disagreement.

So, I have this notion that one third of the spiritual world want us dead....now.
Basically to slow, if not halt, the full formation of a soul.

When we do crossover....what we have said or done......draws the spirit that will be there waiting.

I do dream of relatives passed.
All seems well when that happens.

But I also have visions of Death within arms reach of me.

So, for now.....I must wait to see.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Hopefully the family will be there around the body (if I do not die in a road accident). Of course, 'I' won't be there.
Haha. Good point. But to be fair, I did say "family that had passed on" in my first post.

Marisa

Well, I'm an atheist so that's not really a concept I can wrap my brain around. If I get my wish, I expect to be compressed into a diamond which gets passed down through the generations of my family, or shot into space, or liquified into fertilizer. I don't expect to be aware of any of that and indeed, if I were aware, it likely wouldn't be happening unless someone is intent upon killing me and happens to be extremely creative in terms of disposition of evidence.

Blastcat

Who.....or what....do you expect to be standing over you?.....after you surrender your last breath.

If you base your expectations on hopes, wishes or desires, you will be most certainly wrong. The after life doesn't offer any data for us to make a reasoned expectation.

All we could possibly have are dreams and fantasies in the here and now.. Why is this such a pressing issue.. You can't possibly know.. so why bother with something like that? How about finding out what you CAN know.. in this life?... why is life so inconsequential to you that you have to spend so much of it worrying about what comes next? I see the pyramids in Egypt.. huge buildings.. huge efforts.. monumental waste of time.. OH.. they are nice enough.. but all that human potential used up for a worry and a fantasy ?

Made the Pharaohs happy, I suppose. Is that what it is.. after-life fantasies makes you happy?...

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
You know what I think !
I'm old enough now, that I could be a memory for you.
Now that should gag you, anyway, I'll be a memory.
Cognizance be gone, spirit moves forward.
~
'mud

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No one. I hope I will be able to comfort my family, my mother in spirit and watch over her if I die before she does. I also believe I will be a spirit on earth until I pass on. If I am wrong, eo be it. I see no reason for perfect bliss. The best non suupernatural after death experience would be we are dead. If we didnt have knowledge before our birth, why do we expect knowledge after death.

A lot of us want to live on. In some ways it is unrealistic. Only one person I read in RF said he "wants" to believe in something more. Even if it is fake, he says, it helps him nonetheless.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I expect that my consciousness will cease to interact with this universe. It may however continue to interact with other universes.

In which case I expect I won't realize anything has changed.