• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism is incompatible with intelligence

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I think that education can influence worldview, but it does not always determine it.
I didn't say it did.
I'm just noting that there is a statistical correlation between atheism and the higher educated.
The more educated someone is, the less religious that person tends to be statistically.

Compare for example the demographics of atheism in the general population with prevalence of atheism among high level scientists.

Those stats don't fit the premise of the OP, that supposedly atheism is "incompatible" with intelligence. The stats in fact, note the exact opposite trend.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Atheism is incompatible with intelligence

Nothing is required to join Atheism; isn't it correct, please, right??

Regards
One doesn't join atheism. The word means having no god belief. Nothing else is required to call oneself an atheist.

If you don't mind answering, why does "please, right" appear in most or all of your posts? What does that mean to you? Is it a religious practice, like adding PBUH or removing a letter from "G-d"?

Audie

Veteran Member
One doesn't join atheism. The word means having no god belief. Nothing else is required to call oneself an atheist.

If you don't mind answering, why does "please, right" appear in most or all of your posts? What does that mean to you? Is it a religious practice, like adding PBUH or removing a letter from "G-d"?
It's a reason I don't respond to those posts.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
If to know all, you will know that there is God. Why? God knows all.
Therefore, increase in Atheism is decrease in intelligence. Look:

Actually, using standard test of IQ, atheists tend to score higher. They refer to this phenomena as the inverse relationship of religion to intelligence. This is most likely due to atheists spending time thinking through evidence and arguments, which less intelligent people are just not as good at. It also may be related to the fact that religious types tend to rely more on intuition, even when intuition conflicts with logic or science.

BTW, your remark above is irrational. Just because God knows all doesn't mean that you or I know all. It also makes absolutely no sense to think that any human knows all. One thing I have found to be true among very intelligent people: the more they know, the more they realize how little they know.

One more thing: try to be more discriminating as to which YouTube videos you watch. YouTube is full of a lot of junk. Try to find videos that use actual science and logic, and that feature actual scholars.