• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism...the religion of...science?

Flappycat

NetDoc said:
That has got to be one of the most telling statements of all times. Didn't I mention intellectual snobbery earlier? Here it is in all of it's glory.
No, it's a statistical fact. It's a statistical fact that highly educated individuals are more likely to be atheists. With this, I was attempting to explain why most scientists happen to be atheists. I don't know how you missed it.

linwood

NetDoc said:
Linwood,

I doubt that you would dismiss the evidence as much as you would the conclusion from the evidence. I see the diversity of fauna and thank God that he created evolution. You point to the same diversity as evidence against God.
Correct Doc, I do not dismiss your evidence I just interpret it differently.

For the record, I`m not highly educated.
I think I`m pretty damn literate though.

:)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Flappycat said:
No, it's a statistical fact. It's a statistical fact that highly educated individuals are more likely to be atheists. With this, I was attempting to explain why most scientists happen to be atheists. I don't know how you missed it.
And Jews are stingy.

And Blacks make better athletes.

And nothing good can come out of Damascus.

Bigotry and bias can always be justified by statisitics. As Twain once penned: "There are lies, damn lies and Statistics.

linwood

NetDoc said:
Bigotry and bias can always be justified by statisitics. As Twain once penned: "There are lies, damn lies and Statistics.
Twain said alot of things that would fit this OP.

:)

Cowrebellion

Well an atheist does not believe in gods so what else is there to proof the non-existence of gods? Science can and does prove everything useful it seems only logical that it could also be used to deny an existence of gods.
And anyway an atheist does not need science to prove his point. I find no problem what people believe in and I find 9 times out of 10 its the religious people who try to debate the point. I sometimes debate it but why bother I KNOW there are no gods debating it seems pointless.
But saying they use science a lot to prove there point is kinda obvious. Science is after all what an atheist has, it's like telling someone who is debating the existence of gods to not bring in their area of expertise in their knowledge of god. :p

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Cowrebellion said:
Well an atheist does not believe in gods so what else is there to proof the non-existence of gods?
That sentence makes no sense.
Cowrebellion said:
Science can and does prove everything useful it seems only logical that it could also be used to deny an existence of gods.
Bad grammar aside, the comment is nonsense.
Cowrebellion said:
And anyway an atheist does not need science to prove his point.
What are you babbling about?

MdmSzdWhtGuy

NetDoc said:
And Jews are stingy.

And Blacks make better athletes.

And nothing good can come out of Damascus.

Ahh, we have another PC warrior who thinks all stereotypes were born in a vaccum. Wanna take any bets on whether the next world record holder in the 100 meter dash is an Eskimo? Or a Caucasion? Or Chinese? Or, I tell you what. I will take a black skinned athlete of recent West African descent, and will give you every other race/creed/color/ethnicity in the world, and on top of that, I will lay you 20 to one odds. Wanna take that bet?

And I will have you know, that some of the finest sword and knife blades ever to be made on this Earth came out of Damascus. Damascus steel is the finest knifemaking steel outside of Japan.

As for Jews being stingy or free with their money, I will let those who have more contact with Jewish folks answer to that. I can tell you my brother is so tight he squeeks when he walks down the hall, but he ain't never worn a yamulkah.

B.

Fade

The Great Master Bates
MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
Ahh, we have another PC warrior who thinks all stereotypes were born in a vaccum. Wanna take any bets on whether the next world record holder in the 100 meter dash is an Eskimo? Or a Caucasion? Or Chinese? Or, I tell you what. I will take a black skinned athlete of recent West African descent, and will give you every other race/creed/color/ethnicity in the world, and on top of that, I will lay you 20 to one odds. Wanna take that bet?
B.
Can I get fifty bucks on the eskimo?

Fade

The Great Master Bates
NetDoc said:
Please, don't let me stand in the way of your bigotry and prejudice.
Please stop pretending that you aren't bigoted or prejudiced in any way. :tsk:

MdmSzdWhtGuy

NetDoc said:
Please, don't let me stand in the way of your bigotry and prejudice.
Dude, I don't hate blacks, Jews, or any other group of people, as a group, which is what one would have to do in order to fit into your mold of bigotry and prejudice, but it is pretty ignorant not to be able to recognize certain things about the world around you, just because those "truths" for lack of a better way of putting it, are not Politically Correct.

If I wanted to kill all black people because the next 100 meter world record holder will be black skinned, then your tag of bigot fits.

Here's another one. I predict that the top pick in the next NBA draft will be over 6 feet tall. Am I an anti-tall person biggot? Nope, just recognizing facts about the world around me.

And anyone wanting 50 bucks on the Eskimo, gets 40 to one odds, this bookmaker is feeling generous today.

B.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
Dude, I don't hate blacks, Jews, or any other group of people, as a group, which is what one would have to do in order to fit into your mold of bigotry and prejudice,
You sadly misunderstand either. It's why there are so FEW blacks who coach in the NBA or NFL "They aren't smart enough". It's insidious and so easily justified and you are welcome to wallow in it. I am not going to assume that you can play b-ball because you are black, just as I am not going to assume you are going to rape or kill my daughter for the same reason.
Fade said:
Please stop pretending that you aren't bigoted or prejudiced in any way. :tsk:
You are so right: I hate bigots and prejudice. So shoot me!

MdmSzdWhtGuy

NetDoc,

Could you kindly point to me, anywhere, ever that I stated black former athletes are not competent, as a group, to be coaching? I am about 99% sure I have never said such a thing. John Thompson was a coach for longer than I have been alive, and was a fantastic coach. Magic Johnson tried coaching, breifly, and was terrible at it. What either of those minor factoids contribute to your message, I don't know, but I point this out to show that skin color has nothing to do with coaching ability, and I have never argued that it did.

The way you quote me above seems to indicate that I have argued that blacks are not capable of coaching. This is not a true statement, as I have never made such an argument.

Please don't let your PC blinders keep you from seeing what I have, and have not written. I will gladly take ridicule or criticism for what I have said and written, but I will not sit idly by while you mischaracterize and simply make up things, which I have never said, or indeed felt.

B.