• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist, Theists, & Intimate Deists

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
Certainly not universally true, it depends on how you do it, and in what context.

My words were "attempting to convince another person". Anything that goes beyond persuasive conversation in "convincing another" is no longer an attempt to convince, but an attempt to force.

logician

My words were "attempting to convince another person". Anything that goes beyond persuasive conversation in "convincing another" is no longer an attempt to convince, but an attempt to force.

Missionaries have destroyed many cultures by "persuasive conversation "

Keith

Keith
Storm

<<You might want to find another forum, then, as this one forbids proselytization. Questions about my beliefs? Click here.>>

By proselytizing your beliefs shouldn’t you be practicing what you preach instead of being rude and arrogant to another contributor? Do all of your 26,000 plus messages show the same ignorance of what an Education Forum is about?

Keith

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
Slight difference there buddy. No one is forcing anyone to click the link. Whereas the whole tone of your message says: "everyone who does not believe as I do is 100% wrong." That is rather the whole point of the OP. He wants to know why you can't help but try and make others choke down your belief system.

Slave and I could have just about any number of conversations and I seriously doubt either one of us are going to resort to imperatives or intimidation. No amount of commanding or demanding is going to make a guy like Slave or myself change our minds about a belief system. Arguments about probability, logical necessity, empirical evidence, and moral necessity are all fair game. And perhaps one of us could convince the other to modify our position. But that is just it. You aren't interested in modification. You are interested in wholesale conversion.

And that is what is forbidden on an education forum. It isn't about telling others they have to do this. It is about informing others that this is what is true according to X religion.

MTF

rojse

RF Addict
Slight difference there buddy. No one is forcing anyone to click the link. Whereas the whole tone of your message says: "everyone who does not believe as I do is 100% wrong." That is rather the whole point of the OP. He wants to know why you can't help but try and make others choke down your belief system.

Slave and I could have just about any number of conversations and I seriously doubt either one of us are going to resort to imperatives or intimidation. No amount of commanding or demanding is going to make a guy like Slave or myself change our minds about a belief system. Arguments about probability, logical necessity, empirical evidence, and moral necessity are all fair game. And perhaps one of us could convince the other to modify our position. But that is just it. You aren't interested in modification. You are interested in wholesale conversion.

And that is what is forbidden on an education forum. It isn't about telling others they have to do this. It is about informing others that this is what is true according to X religion.

MTF

What ManTimeForgot said above. Would like to add that using size four font does not make your point more right than what it is already; it's the online forum equivalent of yelling at someone.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Storm

<<You might want to find another forum, then, as this one forbids proselytization. Questions about my beliefs? Click here.>>

By proselytizing your beliefs shouldn’t you be practicing what you preach instead of being rude and arrogant to another contributor? Do all of your 26,000 plus messages show the same ignorance of what an Education Forum is about?

Keith
As others have pointed out, I don't proselytize. Not even when I'm allowed to. Discussion and education are not proselytization.

rojse

RF Addict
As others have pointed out, I don't proselytize. Not even when I'm allowed to. Discussion and education are not proselytization.

But he's typed in size four font. You can't beat size four font, unless you use a larger font. :ignore:

Keith

Keith
ManTimeForgot

<<Slight difference there buddy. No one is forcing anyone to click the link. Whereas the whole tone of your message says: "everyone who does not believe as I do is 100% wrong." That is rather the whole point of the OP. He wants to know why you can't help but try and make others choke down your belief system.>>

In the same way you needn’t read or respond to my messages so why do you? I only write from my personal experiences, not from what I have heard or read so your point is invalid.

<<Slave and I could have just about any number of conversations and I seriously doubt either one of us are going to resort to imperatives or intimidation. No amount of commanding or demanding is going to make a guy like Slave or myself change our minds about a belief system. Arguments about probability, logical necessity, empirical evidence, and moral necessity are all fair game. And perhaps one of us could convince the other to modify our position. But that is just it. You aren't interested in modification. You are interested in wholesale conversion.>>

I know that isn’t possible. I post to try and open closed minds to possibilities not previously considered.

<<And that is what is forbidden on an education forum. It isn't about telling others they have to do this. It is about informing others that this is what is true according to X religion.>>

You are trying to make out that because I relate my personal experiences I am forcing something down your throat. Do you react like that because you recognise what you consider to be unpalatable truth?

Keith

Keith

Keith
What ManTimeForgot said above. Would like to add that using size four font does not make your point more right than what it is already; it's the online forum equivalent of yelling at someone.

By ridiculously trying to make out that I am an uncouth yob you are pathetically trying to have an alternative point to yours eliminated from the debate.

Keith

Keith

Keith

I have now taken a look at your proselytizing belief-link which reads like guide book of the Great White Brotherhood that Lord Jesus rescued me from so it is not surprising that you seek to censor what casts light on your beliefs.

Keith