• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists and their jargon of insults

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Darwin had the exact same assumptions as almost every educated person in the mid-19th century.
That tells us noting, since that is a claim without evidence or description.
Most of these assumption were acquired while sitting on their parents' laps and derive principally from our confused languages.
Another claim that tells us nothing.
They believed in things like "I think therefore I am" and that God created the universe.
Maybe. Maybe not. How am I to know?
They believed all of reality and the entire cosmos was like a giant clockwork and every aspect could be calculated when man learned enough and acquired enough data.
Some people may have. What does this tell us about the assumptions Darwin used to formulate the theory of evolution?
They believed oak trees and salamanders were not even conscious.
There is no evidence that trees possess consciousness and that of salamanders is not the same as ours. So far, we have your say so, but nothing else.
Most believed in spontaneous generation
Until this creationist belief was refuted by the use of science.
and all believed (pretty much still do) that everything fit cleanly into categories and types and there were enormous numbers of virtually all things in existence.
Perhaps. Your summation is your own and not evidence of itself.
It would never occur to them that all things are unique and no two identical things exist in reality. They believed a rabbit is a rabbit is a rabbit and they can be counted just like snowflakes. They believed progress was linear because all advancement must take place in terms of what was already known. They believed that mathematics applied to all reality by nature. They believed all cycles and processes were harmonic at root.
How is this meandering agenda fulfilling the request to list the assumptions of Darwin and demonstrate they are wrong?
All of Darwin's beliefs appear in his work and all of his beliefs are false.
That is the point. You repeat this without any reason for anyone to accept the claim. You are doing that here as another example.
Perhaps God really does exist but it is unprovable by science.
Nothing to do with demonstrating Darwin's assumptions are wrong. It a religious comment irrelevant to the theory of evolution.
All individuals are as much a product of their time and place as Eliza Doolittle. It's not a single belief that creates individuals but rather it is countless thousands of them and every single one of Darwin's beliefs have been shown to be erroneous. The world can never turn out another Darwin because there will never be another 19th century Britain. It is simply irrelevant that Darwin was insightful and gifted because he reasoned in circles from bad assumptions. It doesn't matter that he was the best mind of the era in biology because he was wrong about everything just as most of science appears to still be wrong especially in life sciences, anthropology, and archaeology.

I'm willing to elaborate, support, or clarify any part of this post but experience tells me most won't even read it and the few who do will not respond relevantly.

The modern world is a mere extension of the 19th century and 19th century scientists are wrong across the board. They're the greatest scientists the world has ever known but they were all wrong (for the main part).
I'm betting that you think you addressed the request to list the assumptions Darwin used to formulate the theory of evolution and have demonstrated they are wrong. But you have not. You seem rather to have avoided doing that with this rambling monologue of your beliefs about people of the 19th Century.

I'm not asking for your beliefs or repeating of claims.

How is that you are unable to meet this simple request and extrude what you have here in its place?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Darwin had the exact same assumptions as almost every educated person in the mid-19th century. Most of these assumption were acquired while sitting on their parents' laps and derive principally from our confused languages. They believed in things like "I think therefore I am" and that God created the universe. They believed all of reality and the entire cosmos was like a giant clockwork and every aspect could be calculated when man learned enough and acquired enough data. They believed oak trees and salamanders were not even conscious. Most believed in spontaneous generation and all believed (pretty much still do) that everything fit cleanly into categories and types and there were enormous numbers of virtually all things in existence. It would never occur to them that all things are unique and no two identical things exist in reality. They believed a rabbit is a rabbit is a rabbit and they can be counted just like snowflakes. They believed progress was linear because all advancement must take place in terms of what was already known. They believed that mathematics applied to all reality by nature. They believed all cycles and processes were harmonic at root.

All of Darwin's beliefs appear in his work and all of his beliefs are false. Perhaps God really does exist but it is unprovable by science.

All individuals are as much a product of their time and place as Eliza Doolittle. It's not a single belief that creates individuals but rather it is countless thousands of them and every single one of Darwin's beliefs have been shown to be erroneous. The world can never turn out another Darwin because there will never be another 19th century Britain. It is simply irrelevant that Darwin was insightful and gifted because he reasoned in circles from bad assumptions. It doesn't matter that he was the best mind of the era in biology because he was wrong about everything just as most of science appears to still be wrong especially in life sciences, anthropology, and archaeology.

I'm willing to elaborate, support, or clarify any part of this post but experience tells me most won't even read it and the few who do will not respond relevantly.

The modern world is a mere extension of the 19th century and 19th century scientists are wrong across the board. They're the greatest scientists the world has ever known but they were all wrong (for the main part).
After wading through all of this, I still know nothing about your claim that Darwin's assumptions are wrong and reasons I should accept that claim. You have given me nothing to work with.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Darwin had the exact same assumptions as almost every educated person in the mid-19th century. Most of these assumption were acquired while sitting on their parents' laps and derive principally from our confused languages. They believed in things like "I think therefore I am" and that God created the universe. They believed all of reality and the entire cosmos was like a giant clockwork and every aspect could be calculated when man learned enough and acquired enough data. They believed oak trees and salamanders were not even conscious. Most believed in spontaneous generation and all believed (pretty much still do) that everything fit cleanly into categories and types and there were enormous numbers of virtually all things in existence. It would never occur to them that all things are unique and no two identical things exist in reality. They believed a rabbit is a rabbit is a rabbit and they can be counted just like snowflakes. They believed progress was linear because all advancement must take place in terms of what was already known. They believed that mathematics applied to all reality by nature. They believed all cycles and processes were harmonic at root.

All of Darwin's beliefs appear in his work and all of his beliefs are false. Perhaps God really does exist but it is unprovable by science.

Try this and see how it fits.

Assumption #1. Write the assumption out followed by the explanation of how it is wrong.

Assumption #2. Write the assumption out followed by the explanation of how it is wrong.

And so on until you have your claim and the evidence and reasoning used to support the claim.

Sources of information that this is based off of should be included.

It doesn't have to be elaborate. Just that simple.

Edit: There are only about four of these to work with.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Do you really want me to list them again!@!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want you to list them for the first time.

And that rambling monologue doesn't include any of them. Please don't post that again.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Do you really want me to list them again!@!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can find the assumptions online if you don't know what they are. Just search for Darwin, theory of evolution and assumptions. That should provide you with enough to go towards an attempt at a realistic support of your claim.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
And you are gone again I see. Ah well. I hope you come back with a more realistic response to my request.

Bthoth

They say "miracles", "supernatural", etc etc etc ... they even say "spaghettis" and in their minds is an insult. So they are. :p

What is really "miracle" or "magic" or "supernatural" in an atheist mind?

am i reading that right? You expect comments to address what another is thinking?

IMHO, they are just things they cann't explain with their current personal knowledge ..
Sure. no one is born with understanding how to toe their own shoes.

Likewise, no god has been able to teach a child how to brush their teeth either.
. and there is soooo much happening in the world right now that most people cann't explain, that I would say miracles are happening all the time and atheists cann't negate it. Insulting is the way their brains deal with it. :cool:

The insult is that theist label a person atheist for not accepting their religion.

Is there anything more rude?

Knowledge evolves, eventually mankind will understand without any god helping anyone.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

You do understand that the above is nothing more than bold empty claims, right?
And based upon your post history, I am being most generous when I include your line:
"I'm willing to elaborate, support, or clarify any part of this post"​

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No, I don't understand that.

Why don't you choose one of those "bold empty claims" and try to refute it?

Betcha can't.
nice try.
But I am not going to do your homework.

You made the claim so it is on you to supprot your claim.
If you can not or will not support your claim, your claim will be dismissed as nothing more than a bold empty claim.

You do understand that your "What I say is True until it is proven wrong" stance does not help your arguments ... claims, right?
I mean, can not call a list of bold empty claims anything other than a list of bold empty claims.
Said list is not even evidence, let alone an argument.

cladking

nice try.
But I am not going to do your homework.

I was quite certain you couldn't do it. Not one of them!!!

I'm guessing it's all invisible to you since nothing agrees with your beliefs.

Let me try a new challenge then. I wager you can't state even one of my contentions in your own words. This should be easy if you can read, right?

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Let me try a new challenge then. I wager you can't state even one of my contentions in your own words. This should be easy if you can read, right?
So you are not going to support any of your claims?

Not that anyone is surprised.
Your sad attempt at getting me to do your homework coupled with you not doing your homework simply means your bold empty claims are dismissed.

Rather difficult to take you seriously when you all you offer is bold empty claims.

Now fly on home and claim your "victory"...

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

Where is the answer to my challenge? Cast aside it appears per your stand operating procedure and I practically did the heavy lifting for you too.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You do understand that the above is nothing more than bold empty claims, right?
And based upon your post history, I am being most generous when I include your line:
"I'm willing to elaborate, support, or clarify any part of this post"​
I could not find anything that addressed Darwin's assumptions. All I got out of that post was a plea to reject all 19th Century science. Rejecting that would lead to a rejection of what was built upon it. It hardly makes any sense and certainly did not address the assumptions of Darwin's formulation of the theory of evolution.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
So you couldn't even see the post you quoted!
That seems to be a flaw that you can't figure out. We do see what you post. When you get questioned on it and face requests to support what you claim, you shrink and disappear.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I could not find anything that addressed Darwin's assumptions. All I got out of that post was a plea to reject all 19th Century science. Rejecting that would lead to a rejection of what was built upon it. It hardly makes any sense and certainly did not address the assumptions of Darwin's formulation of the theory of evolution.
Classic Textbook Pigeon Chess.