• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists believe in miracles more than believers

PureX

Veteran Member
Rest assured that none of the arrows I ever used was intentionally made to kill.
The ones you used were made to practice at killing. Why would people practice at killing without the intent to actually kill something? (That would be illogical.)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
There is something really wrong with you....or perhaps you are just a 10yo child

Maybe you are not that bright or you are an evil person lying for Satan. ;)
See we can play that game. And not comes of it, because it works just as well or bad in the other direction.
Do you understand that?

PureX

Veteran Member
Maybe you are not that bright or you are an evil person lying for Satan. ;)
See we can play that game. And not comes of it, because it works just as well or bad in the other direction.
Do you understand that?
Nevertheless, at some point we need to call a spade a spade.

vijeno

The ones you used were made to practice at killing. Why would people practice at killing without the intent to actually kill something? (That would be illogical.)

Rest assured that none of the arrows I ever used were made to practice killing.

Also, nice attempt at a diversion. Nearly got me there.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Reactions: ppp

Pogo

When your whole philosophy is based on assuming/imagining intentions it is hard to see alternatives.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Actually calling a spade a spade would be a major step forward here. :)

Well, I know it is a common folk belief, but if I recall right based on the books my wife used for her work, that method has its drawback.

In general it is recommoned not to call other people out and instead move to try to find common ground. Or explain how the other view works.
Not that I always follow it, but that is the theory.

vijeno

When your whole philosophy is based on assuming/imagining intentions it is hard to see alternatives.

At this point, I have to admit I'm having a lot of fun at the poor guy's expense.

Folks, take this as a lesson: Don't talk with assumed authority, in public, about subjects in which you obviously don't have any expertise. It makes you look foolish and arrogant, and there's always someone who is into archery and can see through your ignorance.

Pogo

Well, I know it is a common folk belief, but if I recall right based on the books my wife used for her work, that method has its drawback.

In general it is recommoned not to call other people out and instead move to try to find common ground. Or explain how the other view works.
Not that I always follow it, but that is the theory.
Ok, the problem gets deeper, is misuse of a word more problematic than honesty, and just how would your wife reccomend a resolution? :)

It would be so nice if words didn't have so many meanings and then there are the idioms. LOL

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Ok, the problem gets deeper, is misuse of a word more problematic than honesty, and just how would your wife reccomend a resolution? :)

It would be so nice if words didn't have so many meanings and then there are the idioms. LOL

Okay, here is how it works.
Never say that they are wrong/bad and so on. Nor agree with them. Just tell them how you do it/how it works.
But it has a limit, because it is used in social education trying to help people to change their behaviour by being there for them and building a social relation.
It is not the total same situation on the Internet, but part of the point still stands. By telling them they are wrong, they go defensive or on the attack.

Pogo

Okay, here is how it works.
Never say that they are wrong/bad and so on. Nor agree with them. Just tell them how you do it/how it works.
But it has a limit, because it is used in social education trying to help people to change their behaviour by being there for them and building a social relation.
It is not the total same situation on the Internet, but part of the point still stands. By telling them they are wrong, they go defensive or on the attack.
How does it work when you complement them on using a word correctly? :)
I suspect that is not a good idea, even if it seems to be progress.

F1fan

Veteran Member
You know that the arrow was intentionally made to kill. You know that the head shot was the ideal placement for that arrow to attain that end. And you know that the likelihood of an arrow piercing a man in the head "by accident" would be very, very low. So logically it would be valid to assume that the result before you was intentional.

Not being certain that it was intentional does not negate the logic supporting the presumption.
Look at Mr. Possibility being such a skeptic.

PureX

Veteran Member
Of course they were. It's whole reason humans inventing the bow and arrows. Now that we have others to do the killing for us, we still like to play at it, so that we can feel that if we had to kill something with it, we could.

And you're desperately trying to deny the obvious.

vijeno

Of course they were. It's whole reason humans inventing the bow and arrows. Now that we have others to do the killing for us, we still like to play at it, so that we can feel that if we had to kill something with it, we could.

Yeah, all books are created with the intention of throwing them at idiots, whips aren't ever sold in sex shops, and your right hand serves one purpose.

Glad to see you admit to your ignorance. It's the first step towards improvement, so kudos!