• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists believe in miracles more than believers

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Well considering it is false in all of it's conjectures, no I would not agree, all you need for further explanation is just to read this thread and see what we are actually saying.

I am rather disappointed that you actually spent any time at that website and even considered it, you really ought to know better by now unless you are just in total denial. :(
I actually didn't spend time reading it once it was pointed out that it was not the site I thought it was. But as usual you can think what you want and make assertions to that degree.

YoursTrue

Oh, and @Pogo, are you saying though with or without the website that atheists really do not necessarily think that the earth and life on it came about by chance and nothing else? Even "natural selection" or "selection of the fittest" is primarily by chance. Unless of course you want to argue semantics, which I am not inclined to do.

YoursTrue

I know I don't. However I don't speak for other atheists.
Again, thank you for your response. Without pressuring you just so I understand exactly what it is you are saying (I say that with a small smile because I wouldn't want to seem as if I'm badgering you -- heavens to Betsy or Sam, no!) you, as an atheist, do not think or believe life on the earth came about by chance, is that a fair appraisal of your idea?

Pogo

Oh, and @Pogo, are you saying though with or without the website that atheists really do not necessarily think that the earth and life on it came about by chance and nothing else? Even "natural selection" or "selection of the fittest" is primarily by chance. Unless of course you want to argue semantics, which I am not inclined to do.
No, you are only demonstrating again that you are either lying about even basic understanding or that years of explanation that while Random Mutation is random, Natural Selection is anything but indicating a learning disability.
Or do you have a third possible explanation for your ignorance?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

Natural selection explains what happens after there is life. It doesn't explain how life started. Not semantics just a fact. A fact that has been explained to you numerous times by many people.

YoursTrue

take a course in basic discrete algebra and set theory which is normally taught in the first years of HS and come back when you can answer the question for yourself.
lol, thanks for a non-answer. :)

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Again, thank you for your response. Without pressuring you just so I understand exactly what it is you are saying (I say that with a small smile because I wouldn't want to seem as if I'm badgering you -- heavens to Betsy or Sam, no!) you, as an atheist, do not think or believe life on the earth came about by chance, is that a fair appraisal of your idea?

I don't know how life came about. You can decide for yourself if your appraisal is fair.

YoursTrue

No, you are only demonstrating again that you are either lying about even basic understanding or that years of explanation that while Random Mutation is random, Natural Selection is anything but indicating a learning disability.
Or do you have a third possible explanation for your ignorance?
Well the first proposition you suggest (that I am lying about basic understanding) is wrong. And your other two propositions are -- I'll leave that open ...

YoursTrue

I don't know how life came about. You can decide for yourself if your appraisal is fair.
OK, so you think that life may not have come about by chance. OK, thank you. I'm trying to understand your comments about your viewpoint, thanks again.

Pogo

Another creationist false dichotomy, not chance leaves all other possibilities and really says nothing as you and @leroy so frequently confuse.

YoursTrue

Natural selection explains what happens after there is life. It doesn't explain how life started. Not semantics just a fact. A fact that has been explained to you numerous times by many people.
Just recapping. By the way, the more I learn, the more abstruse (yup) the concept of natural selection becomes.

Pogo

Well the first proposition you suggest (that I am lying about basic understanding) is wrong. And your other two propositions are -- I'll leave that open ...
So you won't tell us why you behave the way you do, not really surprised, just disappointed,

YoursTrue

Another creationist false dichotomy, not chance leaves all other possibilities and really says nothing as you and @leroy so frequently confuse.What
What's the dichotomy? Either life started by chance or it did not start by chance. Now you're saying maybe it did, maybe it didn't?

YoursTrue

No. I don't know how life came about.
I see. Have you figured if life didn't come about by chance what the alternatives might be? I can only figure philosophically that if life did not come about by chance then the opposite would be true. That is-- it did not come about by chance. So I'll leave it there for now. Because -- if it didn't come about by chance, then what? (OK, I'll leave it there for now...)

YoursTrue

So you won't tell us why you behave the way you do, not really surprised, just disappointed,
You want to know why I behave the way I do? Like what? Wanting to know what you believe and why?