• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists, is life ultimately meaningful?

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Huh? What is the connection' - other than spelling - between the scale on a fish and a scale used to weigh things?
Well we didn't just call things whatever we felt like when the English language was being formulated did we? I don't know what the connection is between those words but it's obvious to me that objective's definitions are related.

QuestioningMind

Well we didn't just call things whatever we felt like when the English language was being formulated did we? I don't know what the connection is between those words but it's obvious to me that objective's definitions are related.

You have the two different definitions... so tell us how they are related?

SpeaksForTheTrees

But they are the same word.

I believe we would still have questions.

However an athiest who puts down a logical arguement with reason , humanity does know its wrong to murder.
A good logical arguement with reason one can suggest they are questions , that dont really matter .

RedDragon94

However an athiest who puts down a logical arguement with reason , humanity does know its wrong to murder.
I don't believe that you need God to know it's wrong to murder. We all have conscience, but what about axe murderers who kill and feel no shame in doing so?

SpeaksForTheTrees

Why didn't you just put the title all athiest are axe murders would of been eaiser lol
Of course they not , they still as squeamish as the rest of us

RedDragon94

They end up doing life or death row , for axe murder ?
Do they know it's wrong to murder? The average human thinks in more pragmatic terms. I was just watching a TV show today and if people crave power and/or money, they will stop at nothing to get what they want. This is by definition wicked. One human life represents the whole of human life.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Do they know it's wrong to murder? The average human thinks in more pragmatic terms. I was just watching a TV show today and if people crave power and/or money, they will stop at nothing to get what they want. This is by definition wicked. One human life represents the whole of human life.

Even more so despicable if they believed in God , the most evil use our god as an excuse .

RedDragon94

I think God would be a fool if he chose on just belief might miss some really good ones .
You know, I think that it's not based on belief only but works as well. Faith without works is dead. Jesus even said that not everyone who says to him Lord, Lord will enter heaven but only those who do the will of God.

SpeaksForTheTrees

You know, I think that it's not based on belief only but works as well. Faith without works is dead. Jesus even said that not everyone who says to him Lord, Lord will enter heaven but only those who do the will of God.
However not as in sacrifice your life to the cause , works is just how you interact with the creation , do you cherish or disrespect is the measure of god laws .
I don't want to say anything that might put you at disadvantage is very competitive world .

RedDragon94

However not as in sacrifice your life to the cause , works is just how you interact with the creation , do you cherish or disrespect is the measure of god laws .
I don't want to say anything that might put you at disadvantage is very competitive world .
One of the things about being a Christian is that you realize that God is not done with the world, he continues to work in the world in and through his chosen vessels. That's when you know you're doing good works, when you realize Jesus is doing them through you.

SpeaksForTheTrees

One of the things about being a Christian is that you realize that God is not done with the world, he continues to work in the world in and through his chosen vessels. That's when you know you're doing good works, when you realize Jesus is doing them through you.

God finished in seven days , unlike my recent builders experience.
Was no snagging list per se
Is humans world to rule
until one can prove thier true worth to rule earth ,
one can then move on to take a place in heaven
in theory ?.

Trying to remove the male words and replace with neutral words is difficult .