• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists - Where does the intelligence of life come from?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
But who programmed it? How and why does one chemical know how to react against another. Surley that could speak of design at the vary base level couldn't it?

Maybe. My opinion is that we don't know, we can't know, your guess is as good as mine, and it makes absolutely no difference to our individual, practical lives. There may possibly be an intelligence dimensions beyond our comprehension that is in some sense, even a sense we can't apprehend, "behind" or "at the base of" the universe. If so, there is no way any of us could know, and we can be pretty sure It does not care whether we pray on Sundays or touch other people's body parts. Chances are, if there is any such thing, it neither knows nor cares that we exist.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
But who programmed it? How and why does one chemical know how to react against another. Surley that could speak of design at the vary base level couldn't it?

It could be intelligent design, but it's not necessarily. There are other explanations that work just as well. For the reasons why chemicals react in certain ways with each other, you should probably consult a chemistry or biology book. I'm no expert. Again, you're assuming the intelligent agent by asking who programmed it. It's semantics. Just phrase it differently. It's just the way it is.