• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athiest Forum Full Of Arrogance

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I suppose I went into that forum being naïve , I didn't like all the religious stuff because I don't have a belief in a god, so I thought the atheist was the way to go. I realize now that atheist are no different than most religions. Because they knew I didn't believe in a god, they told me that I was an atheist, but I said I don't want to be labelled an atheist. I don't want to be labelled anything, I am a free sprit and that is how I want to be, but no, they still said I was an atheist.

Don't expect a political discussion held among anarchists to be any less annoying than one held among statists.

Same goes for religion.

Religion is a touchy subject, and so it's easy to mock, easy to be offensive, easy to take drastic measures, no matter who is discussing it.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Don't expect a political discussion held among anarchists to be any less annoying than one held among statists.

Same goes for religion.

Religion is a touchy subject, and so it's easy to mock, easy to be offensive, easy to take drastic measures, no matter who is discussing it.

Yes its weird how religion is such a touchy subject, I could never figure that out, unless someone is hoping for an after life, where this life is hated, which is sad if that is the case.

Sentinel

Hi i'm atheist and i know there can be a lot of arrogant atheists but that works both ways. You shouldn't judge all atheists based on one forum you should experience atheism yourself and see if its something that you understand and makes sense to you. Also going and judging people right off the bat is really ludicrous and i think thats something you gotta work on.

dust1n

Zindīq
After the 7 years I've been here, I've concluded that overtly arrogant people tend to break one of RF's relatively well designed and enforced rules, so that really, really arrogant people tend to disappear quickly.

That being said, I have more arrogance than the entirety of any form, so RF is winning in this respect.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
After the 7 years I've been here, I've concluded that overtly arrogant people tend to break one of RF's relatively well designed and enforced rules, so that really, really arrogant people tend to disappear quickly.

Except for someone as supremely awesome as myself who knows how to masterfully dance around the rules, like a classically trained ballerina.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
But I myself don't have any beliefs in a god, well not the god with a beared, but I don't see myself burdened by what those who do believe in a god, they are entitle to believe what they want to be believe , of course when it gets involved in politics, that's a different story. But to be out to get everyone who believes in what I don't is a bit childish, well to me anyway.

You mean Brahman?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Yes that makes sense, I feel that this particular atheist forum only want religious people to join, so they can ridicule and have fun together, which they seem to enjoy.

Do they want religious people to join?

I used to be a member of an atheist discussion board (it closed a while back, so I'm guessing that it wasn't the one where you went). I found there that just from being a site with the word "atheist" in the URL, we'd get a LOT of proselytizers. It got to the point that virtually anyone who wasn't an atheist was there to either convert people or argue. There may have been a couple of times that we jumped too quickly to the conclusion that some new religious member was a troll... but after you get enough telemarketing calls, you can become less friendly when you answer the phone.

Gehennaite

When I was still a Christian I used to frequent a theology forum. The arrogance there was pretty startling as well. Nearly every debate, regardless of how well-intentioned it was, devolved into some of the most insulting, primitive behavior I've ever witnessed.

To throw my own two cents in, though, I feel atheistic arrogance has been more crippling & distasteful than theistic arrogance.

Perhaps this is because atheists are more likely to express nihilistic tendencies. They seem to have some kind of superiority complex... as if they've been told one too many times that their worldview is somehow the highest expression of objectivity & intelligence.

I'm subscribed to some popular atheists on youtube and I have yet to come across theist equivalents that are as profane & arrogant as them.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
When I was still a Christian I used to frequent a theology forum. The arrogance there was pretty startling as well. Nearly every debate, regardless of how well-intentioned it was, devolved into some of the most insulting, primitive behavior I've ever witnessed.

To throw my own two cents in, though, I feel atheistic arrogance has been more crippling & distasteful than theistic arrogance.

Perhaps this is because atheists are more likely to express nihilistic tendencies. They seem to have some kind of superiority complex... as if they've been told one too many times that their worldview is somehow the highest expression of objectivity & intelligence.

I'm subscribed to some popular atheists on youtube and I have yet to come across theist equivalents that are as profane & arrogant as them.

Yes its quite sad for me personally, I don't have any beliefs in the religious god, but I certainly don't call myself an atheist, I simply don't believe in a god. I do have some sort of belief in the cosmos being one organism, but I know I cannot argue that, so I don't.

Gehennaite

Yes its quite sad for me personally, I don't have any beliefs in the religious god, but I certainly don't call myself an atheist, I simply don't believe in a god. I do have some sort of belief in the cosmos being one organism, but I know I cannot argue that, so I don't.
Humans: can use consciousness to create visual & audial abstractions.
God: can use consciousness to create visual & audial concretions.

Gehennaite

But that's only imagination in the mind, I get that all the time being a schizophrenic.
You're schizophrenic? I'm schizophrenic too. How can you be a schizophrenic and not be a believer? All my experiences have been spiritual in nature... confirming to me that materialistic explanations of the origin of consciousness probably aren't true.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
You're schizophrenic? I'm schizophrenic too. How can you be a schizophrenic and not be a believer? All my experiences have been spiritual in nature... confirming to me that materialistic explanations of the origin of consciousness probably aren't true.

Probably because I try not to let my schizo run my life, I have learnt to see it for what it is, but not owning it, if you know what I mean.