• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Autism Self Test

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I scored in the single digits
Is that good?

hfhfggggg.JPG

Edited to add pic of score

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
30. Color me surprised. In all honesty, I am not lending that score a lot of significance.

Edited to add: I am more curious about alexithymia now, as a matter of fact. It sounds like a better match to me. Thanks for the link.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Scored 33 on the 50 question test.
The Aspie Quiz (88 out of 200) gave me 79% probability of being neurotypical.

Last edited:

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
25 for me.
I've wondered at a few points in my life if autism might explain my experiences, but I wonder if it could be a potential diagnostic overlap with OCD leading to social difficulties.

Autism seems more like several dozen conditions in a trench coat than anything specific, I guess that's why it's called a spectrum.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I scored a 30, but I want to make an essay about how this test reinforces a 'left-brained introvert' stereotype of autistic persons without a lot of nuance for how social masking and comorbidity with ADHD can change those questions about desire for social connections, empathy, desire for novelty, etc. (Perhaps the most autistic run-on sentence.) It also had only one question each about sensory differences, emotional regulation or execuitive function. Which was odd.

It's so TV stereotypical, in fact, that when I answered with all the stereotypes (basically Sheldon from big bang theory) I got a 41.

This isn't surprising from an online quiz, even one with austensibly more credibility from a medical website. But it just goes to show how out of date views on autism continue to linger.

autism-spectrum-wheel-goally-infographic.jpg

Tamino

I scored a 30, but I want to make an essay about how this test reinforces a 'left-brained introvert' stereotype of autistic persons without a lot of nuance for how social masking and comorbidity with ADHD can change those questions about desire for social connections, empathy, desire for novelty, etc. (Perhaps the most autistic run-on sentence.) It also had only one question each about sensory differences, emotional regulation or execuitive function. Which was odd.

It's so TV stereotypical, in fact, that when I answered with all the stereotypes (basically Sheldon from big bang theory) I got a 41.

This isn't surprising from an online quiz, even one with austensibly more credibility from a medical website. But it just goes to show how out of date views on autism continue to linger.
Me too, lol... Scored 39 and would like to have a word with the quiz designers about their methods and bias

rocala

I scored 14. Not sure how I feel about that, I think I was expecting something a bit more in one direction or the other.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
25 for me.
I've wondered at a few points in my life if autism might explain my experiences, but I wonder if it could be a potential diagnostic overlap with OCD leading to social difficulties.

Autism seems more like several dozen conditions in a trench coat than anything specific, I guess that's why it's called a spectrum.
I've read we're all on that spectrum, just that some are at the neurotypical end.

I don't think I would have got such a high score in the dim and distant past, so I'm not sure about the meaning of my result since autism is not something that "goes away" - one is born with the neural wiring.

Secret Chief

Degrow!

View attachment 87859
https://wecapable.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/autism-spectrum-disorder-wecapable.jpg

IMG_7309.jpeg