• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Autism Self Test

Heyo

Veteran Member
Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 07-22-15 The Camouflaging Autistic Traits Questionnaire (CAT-Q).png

That's another number than the 30 from the other test.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
- Autism Spectrum Quotient

I scored 31.
Interesting. Not surprised.
What about you?
Such a test never applies to me. My mind and actions can turn the outcome a full 180° in just a few days

I really tried, but first 2 questions were too difficult to answer
1a) Singing I prefer doing with others, unless...
1b) Kissing and stuff I prefer to do not alone
1z) Too many "things" to answer correctly

1. I prefer to do things with others rather than on my own.​

1. Definitely Agree
  2. Slightly Agree
  3. Slightly Disagree
  4. Definitely Disagree

2a) Eating I prefer to do every day
2b) Nowadays I like to eat differently each meal
2c) Once I ate watermelon for 50 days. Desiring the first three weeks anything different from watermelon, but after 3 weeks wishing nothing but watermelon.

2. I prefer to do things the same way over and over again​

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's the problem with these tests, of course, is they ask about general traits but can't explore thr answers.
I scored 41.
Dang, you beat me by a wide margin.
The tests show I'm normal (79% probability).

I'm disappointed.
I could use a good excuse for my shortcomings.
Now I can only blame my brain.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Try this one

Total: 44

Compensation subtotal: 17

Masking subtotal: 17

Assimilation subtotal: 10

Some of the questions seem too dichotomous, again. For example, a few questions appear to be based on the assumption that if one has researched how to improve their social skills, they have autistic traits. This wasn't the case for me; I did that many years ago because I hadn't socialized with others nearly enough in my childhood and teens, so I wanted to look up how to more easily interact with others.

Also, paying attention to one's body language and facial expressions during social situations isn't necessarily an autistic trait; it's part of mindfulness practice for many people, me included.

I find such tests interesting to take out of curiosity, though.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I started the second test, but I had trouble with it. #2 made me quit.

I do heavily monitor my body language and facial expression. I don't want any of it, and am uncomfortable with it all. I don't do it to appear relaxed... or unrelaxed...

Its too big of a part of how I interact with the world to just skip over/answer partially untruthfully just to move along.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Some of the questions seem too dichotomous, again. For example, a few questions appear to be based on the assumption that if one has researched how to improve their social skills, they have autistic traits. This wasn't the case for me; I did that many years ago because I hadn't socialized with others nearly enough in my childhood and teens, so I wanted to look up how to more easily interact with others.

Also, paying attention to one's body language and facial expressions during social situations isn't necessarily an autistic trait; it's part of mindfulness practice for many people, me included.

For me that test i posted is more to test how much you mask struggles not nesscairly autism

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns

i will also say the test is very focused on cultures like the US. I wonder how the test would differ in regards to other cultures