• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Awareness of existence

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
All religions contradict each other, and many by the nature of their claims exclude people who are not specific to the particular faith. So they are tribal, and there's nothing universal about them.

Hello and welcome.

danieldemol

Premium Member
This is from Shoghi Effendi so you may or may not agree, but the majority of Baha'i will tend to see Shoghi Effendi as infallible with respect to Baha'i teachings.
He states;
'“The number nine, which in itself is the number of perfection, is considered by the Bahá’ís as sacred, because it is symbolic of the perfection of the Bahá’í Revelation which constitutes the ninth in the line of existing religions, the latest and fullest Revelation which mankind has ever known. The eighth is the religion of the Báb and the remaining seven are: Hinduism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Christianity, Islám, and the religion of the Sabaeans. These religions are not the only true religions that have appeared in the world but are the only ones still existing.'
Source: Bahá'í Reference Library - Directives from the Guardian, Pages 51-52

I interpret this to mean that of the current religions only the ones listed above are recognised as true by Baha'i loyal to Shoghi Effendi

danieldemol

Premium Member
I don't know why you're so critical of him; every person should be respected regardless of their beliefs and religion.
Im not sure if this was intended for me. In my view all people are entitled to a minimum level of respect which basically guarantees their human rights, however for me any respect beyond that must be earned.

Sufficient to say that I have more respect for religious people that are honest and transparent about the teachings of their religion even when it may cost them respect in the eyes of men than those who are prepared to tell marketing lies and/or half truths to attract converts.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Hello, interesting forum, I'm new here. Maybe to start, I'll send a link to my religion.

Did you make that up yourself?

I used to have my own home-made religion but I am now much happier back with Christianity

How many people are in it or is it just you?

My religion had two people in it

Well, I say "my religion" but it belonged to the both of us

Paul65

My passion for some time has been religion. I started with the Bible until God led me to the actual consensus of the religion of Awareness of Existence.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
@Paul65

What are your intentions for this new religion of yours?

Optimistically, where do you see it in five years' time?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I thought this was a religious forum, so I don't understand the allusions to inventions.
Welcome Paul.
This is titled Religious Forums, but it's more an everything forum. As for religion or philosophy, be prepared to show and defend your evidence and reasoning -- it will be questioned.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
And where does this certainty that it will be questioned come from? Above all, I trust God.
Experience. If you seek a place where you can just post claims about your beliefs and not have them questioned by others, you're probably in the wrong place, and definitely in the wrong sub-forum.

Do you have an issue with having your religious claims questioned?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I thought this was a religious forum, so I don't understand the allusions to inventions.
Welcome Paul.
This is titled Religious Forums, but it's more an everything forum. As for religion or philosophy, be prepared to show and defend your evidence and reasoning -- it will be questioned.