• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Badgers or Hamsters

Hamster or Badger?

• Total voters

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
Mushroom! Mushroom!

I had this song stuck in my head non stop for a whole week once. My nephews leap around the room when I put it on.

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
I want to post pictures of my yorkies as my write-in, but I'm having problems:( . They are stored on my computer, but when I use the "insert image" button and type the path in all that happens is this....
C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\My Documents\My Pictures\Prints

Any assitance would be appriciated (I've never posted a photo on here before)

lunamoth

Will to love
spacemonkey said:
I want to post pictures of my yorkies as my write-in, but I'm having problems:( . They are stored on my computer, but when I use the "insert image" button and type the path in all that happens is this....
C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\My Documents\My Pictures\Prints

Any assitance would be appriciated (I've never posted a photo on here before)

I use a third party web-site, photobucket, and copy the image address from there.

Here's the photobucket site: http://photobucket.com/

You can set up your own file, browse pictures on your computer to upload. Once uploaded to photobucket you go below the image and copy the image addy, paste that into your post. Feel free to ask further if this is not clear (it helps to play with it a bit first).

luna

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Write-in candidate: Katz. I mean check out that avatar! :) Always as cute as a hamster, as feisty as a badger.

Circle_One

The badger, for sure.

I HATE HATE HATE Hamsters. I have one and desperately want to feed it to my python, but my roommate wont let me.

Evil little bugger constantly playing in his stupid little wheel when I'm trying to sleep. I'd shove that wheel up its little hamster nose if I could.

lunamoth

Will to love
Katzpur said:
Write-in candidate: Katz. I mean check out that avatar! :) Always as cute as a hamster, as feisty as a badger.

You did see the badger, no?

But I like cats too, especially kittens. We have a family of feral cats living in our neighbors' woodpile right now. They come into our yard to play...fun to watch. :kat:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Circle_One said:
The badger, for sure.

I HATE HATE HATE Hamsters. I have one and desperately want to feed it to my python, but my roommate wont let me.

Evil little bugger constantly playing in his stupid little wheel when I'm trying to sleep. I'd shove that wheel up its little hamster nose if I could.
I never, ever, ever thought I'd see the day when I'd hear you say you hated any animal. So is this a relative hatred or what?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
lunamoth said:
Self-explanatory poll, I think. Which is best?

: hamster : Cute, adorable actually, good moves, sure to make one smile.

:badger: Understated, has his own video, catches you off guard. Why is this so funny anyway?
To be honest, I don't find the hamster to be cute at all. Disturbing actually. Not sure why. Reminds me of that dancing baby in Ally McBeal...shudder.

The badger otoh, reminds me of Bucky the badger, the mascot for the University of Madison, in Wisconsin. Beautiful campus. I like both Bucky and Madison.

And it bears an eerie resemblance to a familiar in the game that I and others on RF play, Kingdom of Loathing. (Our clan is Righteous Fury, in case anyone wants to join in the fun.) Since Butterkase, my astral badger familiar has fought many an undead elbow macaroni and angry pinata by my side, I am all the more fond of badgers, especially those that do jumping jacks.

OK, I just gotta ask: what is the relationship between badgers and mushrooms? A couple of you have alluded to shrooms, and my beloved Butterkase keeps dropping astral mushrooms for me. KoL's insanity is usually not created in a vaccuum but in reference to popular culture. Clue me in. Pretty please?

Addendum:
Nevermind.... just watched the video. :D

lunamoth

Will to love
lilithu said:
To be honest, I don't find the hamster to be cute at all. Disturbing actually. Not sure why.

The badger otoh, reminds me of Buckey the badger, the mascot for the University of Madison, in Wisconsin. Beautiful campus. I like both Buckey and Madison.

And it bears an eerie resemblance to a familiar in the game that I and others on RF play, Kingdom of Loathing. (Our clan is Righteous Fury, in case anyone wants to join in the fun.) Since Butterkase, my astral badger familiar has fought many an undead elbow macaroni and angry pinata by my side, I am all the more fond of badgers, especially those that do jumping jacks.

OK, I just gotta ask: what is the relationship between badgers and mushrooms? A couple of you have alluded to shrooms, and my beloved Butterkase keeps dropping astral mushrooms for me. KoL's insanity is usually not created in a vaccuum but in reference to popular culture. Clue me in. Pretty please?

Addendum:
Nevermind.... just watched the video. :D

click the video link in the OP

Circle_One

Katzpur said:
I never, ever, ever thought I'd see the day when I'd hear you say you hated any animal. So is this a relative hatred or what?

I know, it's a shock and I'm sorry, but no, it's a deep down burning fiery hatred.

They're mean and evil and only play on those wheels when you're sleeping PURPOSELY. They gnaw on the bars of their cage because they want to get out and gnaw through your neck when you're sleeping.

I hate hamsters, lol. I honestly think that they are the ONLY animal that I hate. As much as I'm phobic of birds, I don't even hate them and would never wish a bird harm. Hamsters on the other hand...