• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bahá'í Forums?

LarryK32

Allah'u'abha,
I haven't logged on in a while. I am a Bahá'í and am wondering if there is a website for fellow Bahá'ís to converse. I live in a small town in Georgia, USA, so I am the only Bahá'í for maybe a hundred miles. I am wondering if one of you know a site because I would be extremely grateful. I would also prefer them to be around my age(16) as I would feel more comfortable talking to them. I've tried the Bahai Youth FB page but nothing has happened.

Thank you for any attempt ^_^

Boethiah

Penguin
Planet Baha'i is probably one of the more active ones. I agree, the forum software they use is downright weird. I'm not sure why they choose to use it, or if it is from a while back and they haven't gotten around to changing it, etc, but once you get used to it everything is really all right. I haven't posted there yet, but I am a very good lurker. :)

There is also Baha'i Forums (Bahá'í Forums - Bahá'í Faith Forum Community), which isn't AS active but has a fair amount of conversation. Planet Baha'i and Baha'i Forums are the only Baha'i Forums I am apart of, so I couldn't really tell you of any more. There are plenty of forums such as this that have Baha'i sections that are active or semi-active.

Another suggestion for online Baha'i chumming about is to read blogs. Not centralized and a bit different, but offer comments on blogs and discussions often take place. Sorta like a forum, but across the entire Internet. If you felt up to it, you could make your own blog and join the Baha'i section of the blogosphere.

I am also 16 and in a similar situation (although not so far away, just unable to get there yet), so it pays to find substitutes!

Boethiah

Penguin
I'm going to feel like a real jerk by saying mine, but that's the only one I'm 100% sure on. :D

I'm not sure otherwise. You'd have to do some digging.

Sen McGlinn

http:/ /forums.delphiforums.com/planetbahai/?

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Sen McGlinn's blog

So there are a few to start with..

Sorry about AAAA... It is not there to put me at the top of the alphabetical listings. The design template for my blog had the title at the left, and I wanted the title in the middle, so I put these invisible codes in to shove the title to the right. Unfortunately, depending on what OS and coding you are using, they can become visible when the link is copied :shrug:

If anyone knows a really really invisible space-maker code, I will be glad to use it. In the meantime, put me at the top of the listings anyway.

Planet Bahai is not so difficult. If you click on start, top left, you can see the topics under discussion, marked to show whether there are new posts since your last visit. All the rest is extra

Last edited:

9harmony

Hi Larry,

There is "Soulpancake" which was started by Rainn Wilson (Dwight Shrute of The Office)... for young people to discuss spiritual issues...but it's not just Baha'i's...although many are Baha'i, it's open to everyone.
Also, if you're on Facebook, there are lots of different Baha'i groups you can join there.

Hope that helps.

-Amy