• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning ‘Woke’ Words in State Documents, Arkansas Governor Signs Executive Order

We Never Know

No Slack
Wouldn't bother me if they banned "cis" also

"Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders signed an executive order on Thursday prohibiting “woke, anti-women words” in state documents.

It’s the left that decided that ‘woman’ is a dirty word,” Sanders said at the signing. “It’s the left that decided we needed basic biology and basic grammar along with it......

The executive order prohibits all state offices, departments, boards, and commissions from using the words and terms Governor Sanders described as “ridiculous.” Effective immediately, “exclusionary and sexist terms” are to be replaced with “accurate, female-affirming alternatives.”

The newly banned terminology includes “menstruating person,” “menstruating people,” “birth-giver,” “womxn,” “womyn,” “laboring person,” “birthing person,” “human milk,” “chestfeeding,” “body fed,” and “person fed.”

Instead, the state must use alternatives such as “woman,” “women,” “birth mom,” “breast milk,” “breastfeeding,” “breast fed,” “pregnant women,” “pregnant mom,” or “birth mom.”

Secret Chief

Degrow!
America needs some sort of declaration of freedom of speech. Heck, make it an Amendment of the Constitution even.

Fun fact:
"Following the January 6 United States Capitol attack, the editor of Forbes warned corporations against hiring Sanders and other Trump "propagandists", writing, "Forbes will assume that everything your company or firm talks about is a lie." "
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders - Wikipedia

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Wouldn't bother me if they banned "cis" also

"Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders signed an executive order on Thursday prohibiting “woke, anti-women words” in state documents.

It’s the left that decided that ‘woman’ is a dirty word,” Sanders said at the signing. “It’s the left that decided we needed basic biology and basic grammar along with it......

The executive order prohibits all state offices, departments, boards, and commissions from using the words and terms Governor Sanders described as “ridiculous.” Effective immediately, “exclusionary and sexist terms” are to be replaced with “accurate, female-affirming alternatives.”

The newly banned terminology includes “menstruating person,” “menstruating people,” “birth-giver,” “womxn,” “womyn,” “laboring person,” “birthing person,” “human milk,” “chestfeeding,” “body fed,” and “person fed.”

Instead, the state must use alternatives such as “woman,” “women,” “birth mom,” “breast milk,” “breastfeeding,” “breast fed,” “pregnant women,” “pregnant mom,” or “birth mom.”

I think she wants to ban the word "lectern".

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Whats next? Get rid or mother and call them patenting people.
Who said anything about getting rid of words. Is that the purpose of the banning? Were "woman," "breast milk," and "mom" being banned in favor if the new words? If so, I missed that part.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Better question...
Why the words “woman,” “women,” “birth mom,” “breast milk,” “breastfeeding,” “breast fed,” “pregnant women,” “pregnant mom" why did they need to be changed?
I would imagine because there were those that self-identified with "ridiculous" words.