• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning ‘Woke’ Words in State Documents, Arkansas Governor Signs Executive Order

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So how are we supposed to talk about pregnant persons who aren't women, exactly?
Women. For example, in my country, if a trans man delivers a child, he will be considered a female by the State.
Because sterilization is the condition that the State here imposes on a trans person wants the legal gender change.

So trans men will be sterilized and will not be able to deliver children any more.
Because only a woman can be a mother.

A biological man cannot be a mother.
Rhetorical question - we'll do it anyway, because this "law" is a walking first amendment violation that won't last the decade.

The Left has almost never respected the First Amendment. So I guess they are even, now. :)

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Women. For example, in my country, if a trans man delivers a child, he will be considered a female by the State.

No, I'm not disrespecting transgender individuals by mis-gendering them. And if the state does it, that's even worse.

The Left has almost never respected the First Amendment. So I guess they are even. :)

Utter nonsense, but you do you, I guess.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No, I'm not disrespecting transgender individuals by mis-gendering them. And if the state does it, that's even worse.
Gender dysphoria is not a game.
If you are a man, you can't deliver a child, because pregnancy is not compatible with the hormone replacement therapy.

And in fact, in my country it's not possible that trans men deliver a child. No judge will change their documents.

Utter nonsense, but you do you, I guess.
Roseanne Barr was fired because a leftist didn't respect her tweet.

VoidCat

Use any and all pronouns including neo and it/it's
Who actually uses these silly words, though? This is political pandering rather than a legitimate concern.
I don't use womxn or womyn. But i do on occasion when talking may say people who menstrate, folk with uteruses, and someone who gives birth when talking to a group I know may or may not include transfolk. Because i have a uterus, am capable of getting preggo, and I have in the past had a period. But im nonbinary and transmasc. Just being more specific and accurate. However when talking about someone I know is a woman or sometimes generally I may use the term women/woman. It depends on the context when I'll use which term.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Because sterilization is the condition that the State here imposes on a trans person wants the legal gender change.

So trans men will be sterilized and will not be able to deliver children any more.
Because only a woman can be a mother.

A biological man cannot be a mother.
It's bizarre seeing a transwoman who's so vehemently anti-trans. :pizza:
The Left has almost never respected the First Amendment. So I guess they are even, now. :)
Nonsense. The right has a history of trying to ban books, art exibits, drag shows, etc. They're constantly trying to sidestep the establishment clause of the First Amendment. There's nothing "even" about it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's bizarre seeing a transwoman who's so vehemently anti-trans.
A question. If a trans woman has sex with a biological woman, and the latter is impregnated by the first,
what do you call the trans woman? Father or mother?

It's normal that the State here demands sterilization to prevents such situations from taking place.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
A question. If a trans woman has sex with a biological woman, and the latter is impregnated by the first,

It's normal that the State here demands sterilization to prevents such situations from taking place.
I would call her mother because she identifies as a woman. I don't see what the problem is that would mandate sterilization.

We Never Know

No Slack

I can just hear these parenting people having the birds and bees discussion with their child.

Well young one, I'm your mom with a penis, testicles, and sperm and I impregnated your dad that has a vagina, ovaries and a uterus.

VoidCat

P

But they aren't the the 'birth-giver' or 'birthing person' so shouldn't they be called parenting person
In most cases in everyday conversation you'd call them the mother. When talking about them actually siring someone you could say they sired the kid or whatever language the mother prefers. I mean with cisgender lesbians who have children are you going to tell the lesbian couple that their kid isnt theirs and they arent the mother of their children? Just because the child's been adopted or artifical insemination happened?

Last edited:

VoidCat

I can just see these parenting people having the birds and bees discussion with their child.

Well young one, I'm your mom with a penis, testicles, and sperm and I impregnated your dad that has a vagina, ovaries and a uterus.
Or youd say it like this...

If a person with a penis ejaculates in a vagina, then the person with a vagina could get pregnant.

VoidCat

Or youd say it like this...

If a person with a penis ejaculates in a vagina, then the person with a vagina could get pregnant.
@We Never Know
Sex ed is an ongoing conversation that should start in young childhood. If done right it's not confusing to the child at all. Regardless of what parts the parents have

Alien826

No religious beliefs
In my (regrettably long) experience, if left alone these thing come and go. After a while the more ridiculous aspects get dropped and what has merit remains.

As an example, in the early 1980s I spent 18 months on a contract in the USA. The latest PC thing in the UK was to not say "black" as it was supposedly offensive to .... er, black people. That extended to all uses of the word, for example "black coffee" should be "coffee without milk". The approved word was "colored". When I used "colored" in the USA I got a "shock horror" reaction. No! It should be "black"! I'm not sure anyone cares much any more (other than the "N" word), and I think "black" is OK.

Unfortunately, politicians see the automatic reaction that many people have against new things as an opportunity to leverage people's emotions in their favor. This is just the latest over reaction to something that has reality, but doesn't deserve such a huge condemnation. I'm talking about the words not the reality of trans-ness (to invent yet another word).