• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning ‘Woke’ Words in State Documents, Arkansas Governor Signs Executive Order

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Instead of thinking your posts are the problem,
just treat me as being slow witted.
Okay, so back to the discussion:

Do you agree that women are physically assaulted by men, far, far more frequently than the other way around?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Okay, so back to the discussion:

Do you agree that women are physically assaulted by men, far, far more frequently than the other way around?
Yes.
Instead of a series of such questions, can
you views be laid out in one fell swoop?

icehorse

Premium Member
Yes.
Instead of a series of such questions, can
you views be laid out in one fell swoop?
you'd think, but experience tells me we're not able to communicate complex topics that way :(

==

So when I'm out in the world, once and a while I experience fear or dread about my current situation. Maybe I find myself in a dark alley, or on the "wrong side" of town, or a few people are approaching that look dangerous to me. I don't know the real percentage, but let's say that that happens to me 5% of the time.

Can you relate to that, and if so, could you guess what percentage of the time that might happen to you?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
you'd think, but experience tells me we're not able to communicate complex topics that way :(

==

So when I'm out in the world, once and a while I experience fear or dread about my current situation. Maybe I find myself in a dark alley, or on the "wrong side" of town, or a few people are approaching that look dangerous to me. I don't know the real percentage, but let's say that that happens to me 5% of the time.

Can you relate to that, and if so, could you guess what percentage of the time that might happen to you?
More empty words.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You're simply wrong. This is not natural evolution of language. Yours is an anti-liberal, religious war on language. It's not that we don't understand what you "tell us" - it's that we disagree and will not put up with it. This is a linguistic war you will lose.
So it turns out my employer routinely offers the option of having one's preferred pronouns on one's name tag. So who's losing your imaginary war?

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
So it turns out my employer routinely offers the option of having one's preferred pronouns on one's name tag. So who's losing your imaginary war?
My question is .... If one looks the part, why would they need their preferred pronoun on their name tag?

Last edited:

Brian2

Veteran Member
So how are we supposed to talk about pregnant persons who aren't women, exactly?

Make the sentence longer to include that fact or have an accepted prefix or suffix to indicate it or something. Too many new words is just confusing, esp when those words hide things like the biological gender of the person.

icehorse

Premium Member

==

revoltingest: More empty words.

Gotta capture that one for prosperity!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
My question is .... If one looks the part, why would they need their preferred pronoun on their name tag?
I've always wondered why people feel the urge to address it at all when most the time it's just not needed or necessary.
Like with customer service. You can have excellent customer service without it, and I learned very early in my working life avoiding it spares the occasional needles embarrassment and offense.

We Never Know

No Slack
I've always wondered why people feel the urge to address it at all when most the time it's just not needed or necessary.
Like with customer service. You can have excellent customer service without it, and I learned very early in my working life avoiding it spares the occasional needles embarrassment and offense.

That's all good but how does it answer...

In other words if who used to be Sam is now a transgender female who lives as Sally, who looks the part and lives the part with none knowing any different ... Why would Sally want/need her preferred pronouns on her name tag? That's kind of like letting the cat out of the bag isnt it?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Actually I think you're a post seeker that replies to near anything hoping for a reply so you can post again and build your count.
But that's beside the point
I have conversations jokes with people.
The post count just happens without effort.
Try being friendlier & more interesting.
Then your post count will climb, if that's important to you.

We Never Know

No Slack
I have conversations jokes with people.
The post count just happens without effort.
Try being friendlier & more interesting.
Then your post count will climb, if that's important to you.
Its not. Just giving you a hard time being I've seen you mention your post count several times.