• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batman VS the OWS+Al Quaeda

apophenia

Well, I now have lots of replies to work through. Many of them provide excellent evidence of precisely the sociological trend to which I am attempting to bring attention.

Since beginning this thread I have been attempting to clarify my thoughts on the matter, so I have not been replying. The tendency to dismiss, misrepresent and ridicule the notions which I have presented are to be expected of course. No culture easily accepts a critique of its own particular style of collective ignorance and bias confirmation (and they all have one, as do all individuals - as above so below).

Watch this space.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Well, I now have lots of replies to work through. Many of them provide excellent evidence of precisely the sociological trend to which I am attempting to bring attention.

Since beginning this thread I have been attempting to clarify my thoughts on the matter, so I have not been replying. The tendency to dismiss, misrepresent and ridicule the notions which I have presented are to be expected of course. No culture easily accepts a critique of its own particular style of collective ignorance and bias confirmation (and they all have one, as do all individuals - as above so below).

Watch this space.

Your critique is existent in many Hollywood movies. I keep referring to Michael Bay for a reason, and if you've seen any of the Transformers movies, you'd know why. It is a fact that the military won't help filmmakers make their movies featuring them without explicit instructions on how to present them.

Your overall critique of Hollywood is valid. It's the example you've chosen that's invalid.