• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beauty

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
My claims are premised on facts, not the junior high school stuff you're doing such as how many physicists you claim to know.

OK, when was the last time *you* solved a differential equation? Or, more specifically, the Schrodinger equation? How about the Dirac equation?

You have claims the universe *is* a mathematical structure. If so, which one? Is it a group? a monoid? a differentiable manifold? a symplectic manifold? how about a fiber bundle of some sort?

Nous

Premium Member
Sure I can. Let X be the collection of even integers and define a multiplication by m*n=(mn)/2, where the second is ordinary multiplication. Then 2 will be the multiplicative identity, so 2=1.
Say what? If 2 is the multiplicative identity number, then why did you make it 1?

Nous

Premium Member
OK, when was the last time *you* solved a differential equation? Or, more specifically, the Schrodinger equation? How about the Dirac equation?
My answers to your questions here will not help to make true your obviously false claim about physicists deciding that the wave function is subjective

You have claims the universe *is* a mathematical structure. If so, which one? Is it a group? a monoid? a differentiable manifold? a symplectic manifold? how about a fiber bundle of some sort?
As I think I made clear, my claim is that the nature of the empirical universe is mathematical--there is no non-mathematical aspect to the empirical universe.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
As I think I made clear, my claim is that the nature of the empirical universe is mathematical--there is no non-mathematical aspect to the empirical universe.
I guess there also isn't any non-language aspect to the empirical universe.

/E: I guess there is also no non-English aspect to the universe: everything we have found can be described by English.

Last edited:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Yes. for all we know, you could lying when you claim you cannot perceive beauty.

I could be. But can you prove or substantiate that ?

Prove it.

Just read the rest of that post.

False. Beauty in mathematics does not depend on any claim you have made about yourself.

Repeating the same thing won't get you anywhere.
In what sense can something be objectively beautiful if there are people, not misperceiving it, that don't view it as beautiful ? Explain your rationale.