• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I created the heavens and the earth, and all things...

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
sorry if i offend u,but really i dont know what u mean...anyway it doesnt run from the thread isn't it?
One God -- three Persons, each Person comprising God. Equal in authority.
God = Father, God = Son, God = Holy Spirit.
It departs from the thread, because the thread is speaking about who created.

FFH

Veteran Member
exodus 20.3:4..."thou shall have no other gods b4 me ..4:thou shall not make unto thee any graven image or any likeness of anything that is in the heaven above,or that is in the earth beneath or that is in the water under the earth" .......jesus look,behave like man,contrdict the verse
That scripture is referring to false gods and graven images.

God the Father and God the Son.

Jesus Christ is God the Son, who works UNDER the direction of God the Father.

Jesus Christ (God the Son) created this universe, and everything in it, UNDER the direction of God the Father.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
One God -- three Persons, each Person comprising God. Equal in authority.
God = Father, God = Son, God = Holy Spirit.
We need to understand who Jesus is, in order to realize his role in this universe, so he wasn't necessarily off topic.

This issue needs to be discussed.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
It's IMPORTANT to realize that JESUS is GOD, GOD the SON, the GOD who CREATED THIS UNIVERSE, under the DIRECTION of GOD the FATHER.

sojourner

We need to understand who Jesus is, in order to realize his role in this universe, so he wasn't necessarily off tipic.

This issue needs to be discussed.
There are already too many Trinity debates in this forum. Debate that specific thing in one of them. The argument here is that "Jesus created the earth -- and in a non-Trinitarian way." Arguing the Trinity will not help here.

FFH

Veteran Member
There are already too many Trinity debates in this forum. Debate that specific thing in one of them. The argument here is that "Jesus created the earth -- and in a non-Trinitarian way." Arguing the Trinity will not help here.
We NEED to understand JESUS' role in the trinity, in order to put creation in perspective.

Jesus is our mediator/advocate with the Father.

Jesus created this universe UNDER the DIRECTION of the Father.

Jesus created our BODIES under the DIRECTION of the Father.

Jesus created EVERYTHING in this universe under the DIRECTION of the Father.

sojourner

It's IMPORTANT to realize that JESUS is GOD, GOD the SON, the GOD who CREATED THIS UNIVERSE, under the DIRECTION of GOD the FATHER.
somehow, this reads as Trinitarian, which I know LDS are not. How is that?

sojourner

Jesus created this universe UNDER the DIRECTION of the Father.

Jesus created our BODIES under the DIRECTION of the Father.

Jesus created EVERYTHING in this universe under the DIRECTION of the Father.
Not true, either by Trinitarian or LDS teaching.

FFH

Veteran Member
somehow, this reads as Trinitarian, which I know LDS are not. How is that?
Jesus is the God of this universe, the God of the Old and New Testament.

Jesus is God (God the Son), that's Biblical and LDS doctrine.

I pray to my Heavenly Father (God the Father), in the name of Jesus Christ (God the Son), in prayer, however I also talk to Jesus and Mary in prayer.

They are TWO SEPERATE beings, God the Father and God the Son.

God the Father is head over Jesus (God the Son) and all the rest of us that are living, have lived, or whoever will live on this earth.

I know who's ultimately in charge, that being God the Father.

Last edited:

Sententia

I pray to my Heavenly Father (God the Father), in the name of Jesus Christ (God the Son), in prayer, however I also talk to Jesus and Mary in prayer.

God the Father is head over Jesus (God the Son) and all the rest of us that are living, have lived, or who ever will live, on this earth.

Interesting story mate. Legolas and Gandalf are also two separate beings. One is in an elf with a mean bow and the other a mighty wizard.

Whats odd is most people think god beyond us... Like quantum theory to the laymen. But not you. You have the whole system down. You got the daddy and the son and to some degree mary... its all figured out.

Its not just your theory either. You know it and live by it. :yes:

God the Father is head over Jesus (God the Son) and all the rest of us that are living, have lived, or who ever will live, on this earth.

If Jesus is God of the universe then you're actually saying he is responsible for its creation, furthermore, he and his Father are one in power which will of course make him just as powerful as his Father. This just happens to be inaccurate.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Nonsense. I happen to know God the Father was the Producer and Jesus himself was the Director.

And the Holy Spirit the Actor.

...quite an interesting metaphor, actually.

EDIT: Make that Holy Spirit the Character. We are the actors. ^_^

"...Emmanuel: 'God With Us...'"
"...the Word was God...and the Word became flesh and lived among us..."

in the beginning was the word and the word was with god and the word was God..JOHN 1:1...( check footnote of THE NEW TESTAMENT OF THE NEW AMERICAN BIBLE" ,,,,,JOHN 1.1 UNTIL 18 ARE HYMNS TAKEN FROM OTHER SOURCE,NOT ORIGINALLY IN JOHN.BUT PUT IN LATER.)

JOHN 1;1...ACKNOWLEDGED BY CHRISTIANS SCHOLARS AS THE WORDS OF PHILO OF ALEXANDRIA,A JEW EVEN BEFORE JOHN AND JESUS WAS BORN

EMMANUEL:GOD WITH US...( WHERE DOES IT SAYS JESUS IS GOD )WHAT'S WITH A STATEMENT" GOD WITH US" GOT TO DO WITH JESUS IS GOD?

one god -- three persons, each person comprising god. Equal in authority.
God = father, god = son, god = holy spirit.

"equal in authority" but the problem here is jesus seems to be of lower authority.....all power is given unto me in heaven and in earth (matthew 28:18 )...........i can of mine self do nothing (john 5:30) and in mark 14:32 jesus dont know when the world will end...how do you explain that sir.

That scripture is referring to false gods and graven images.

God the Father and God the Son.

Jesus Christ is God the Son, who works UNDER the direction of God the Father.

Jesus Christ (God the Son) created this universe, and everything in it, UNDER the direction of God the Father.

exodus 20.3:4..."thou shall have no other gods b4 me ..4:thou shall not make unto thee any graven image or ANY LIKENESS OF ANYTHING that is IN THE HEAVEN ABOVE, or that IS IN THE EARTH BENEATH or that IS IN THE WATER UNDER THE EARTH "......( ANOTHER IMPORTANT POINT IS LIKENESS OF ANYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE,),,,,, THE LIKENESS OF JESUS IS LIKE US..AND WE ARE PART OF THE UNIVERSE.....SO HE CANT BE THE CREATOR GOD.?..WHERE DOES IT SAYS FALSE GOD?