• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being told "you're pretty"

Would it be creepy for a random stranger to tell you you're pretty and walk away? Why or why not?

• Yes

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I pass many pretty girls every day, and on multiple occasions, I've been tempted to go up to them with the sole purpose of telling them that I thought that they were pretty. Nothing else. Not even planning on talking to them. The thing holding me back is thinking that they might think I'm being creepy. I have a girlfriend, but I feel like many women deserve to be told that they're pretty when they are, especially with all the social pressures they face to be "perfect," comparing themselves to movie stars and models.

Would I be being creepy?

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

haha

This reminds me of a pretty girl that walked past me every day. She was alot shorter than me and beautiful.

One day I couldn't help myself and just gave her a great big hug, and apologetically told her that she was so amazingly cute that I had to hug her. She responded quite well to that. I wouldn't advise it, though, these days you might get pepper sprayed.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
haha

This reminds me of a pretty girl that walked past me every day. She was alot shorter than me and beautiful.

One day I couldn't help myself and just gave her a great big hug, and apologetically told her that she was so amazingly cute that I had to hug her. She responded quite well to that. I wouldn't advise it, though, these days you might get pepper sprayed.
Hence why I hesitate :p

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I think it would be weird. Not quite creepy, but weird. A better tack would be, "that dress/ whatever looks great on you."

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I think it would be weird. Not quite creepy, but weird. A better tack would be, "that dress/ whatever looks great on you."
Yeah, but I'm thinking more like their faces. Clothes, I've mentioned before, yeah. But just straight out "pretty," I've never done.

blackout

Violet.
pretty? yeah, that would be pretty weird.

I've had people (mostly women) tell me they like my purple hair,
and that it's very attractive on me.

I somehow don't think "pretty" describes me.

Maybe Comacaze, pick out the thing you think most makes them pretty to you.
Then it will seem more genuine, and not a general come on of some kind.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Maybe Comacaze, pick out the thing you think most makes them pretty to you.
Then it will seem more genuine, and not a general come on of some kind.
Good point. I didn't think of that before.

Actually, I remember on one occasion, I was at Chili's with a buddy, and our server was absolutely gorgeous. At the end of the meal, I said to her "Listen, I'm not trying to be creepy or anything, but I just thought I should tell you that I think you look great." Better alternative?

blackout

Violet.
Look for details. :shrug:

Is it her style?
An allure?
Her aura?
Is it an "all natural" kind of pretty?
It an "easy going" pretty?
A "dangerous" attractiveness?

Smile?
Eyes?
she reminds you of something?
Was it the way she interacted when she took your orders?
Sense of humor?

If you can't pick out ANYTHING specific...
you might just as well forget a relationship with a female anyway. :p

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Good point. I didn't think of that before.

Actually, I remember on one occasion, I was at Chili's with a buddy, and our server was absolutely gorgeous. At the end of the meal, I said to her "Listen, I'm not trying to be creepy or anything, but I just thought I should tell you that I think you look great." Better alternative?
That would make my day.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Look for details. :shrug:

Is it her style?
An allure?
Her aura?
Is it an "all natural" kind of pretty?
It an "easy going" pretty?
A "dangerous" attractiveness?

Smile?
Eyes?
she reminds you of something?
Was it the way she interacted when she took your orders?
Sense of humor?

If you can't pick out ANYTHING specific...
you might just as well forget a relationship with a female anyway. :p
Well, I suppose that the thing I notice most is a girl's eyes. I mean, aside from her body, but I think that would be even worse :p

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
Do what my friends and I do (they've corrupted me... but the women we oggle pretty much ask for it), just look slacked-jawed at them and collectively say, "Nice wabs".