• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beleivers and discrimination

Splarnst

Catholic church teaches women have different vocations
(1) How is that different from people saying black people have a "vocation" to be minimum wage workers?
(2) This would be more convincing if there were anything the Catholic Church only let women do. Please don't say "be a nun" because there's no difference, besides the sex of the person, between nuns and monks or friars.

Last edited:

javajo

Discrimination.

I'm just saying.
Ok. I would not support a church that discriminated against anyone as I said earlier, period. Including believers, non-believers, women, gay people or black people or any other people. For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

AdamEve

Catholic church teaches women have different vocations.

The idea of vocation is central to the Christian belief that God has created each person with gifts and talents oriented toward specific purposes and a way of life.

So when church says that women can't be priests because this is not their vocation do you simple beleive that without questioning or do you understand how they came to that conclusion and in what way women would not be able to be priests.