• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

best game console

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Hmm, maybe the SNES. I hate how everyone raves on about the Xbox and Halo..it aint THAT good.Nothing beats a good old snes ROM.

I think my answer will be: Any console with Castlevania game on it. I am only missing 2..
Lament of Innocence and the new PS2 one..

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Playstation and PS2 are a couple of the best... the variety of games on them is very nice.

N64's also great for things like Harvest Moon. :D

M

Majikthise

PS2 been very very good to me. I just finished The Bards Tale, nice!:D

Linus

I have found that I enjoy the Xbox more than PS2. I have played both, but the controller for PS2 and Playstation are just plain awkward.

But I prefer a good ole' mouse and keyboard to either one, frankly. Can't beat a good PC game. If you have the right machine for it that is...

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Whaaaat, Xbox?! Those huge things? The only thing they're good for is Halo and Morrowind. ;)

And lord if they aren't heavy. Reminds me of those pictures I saw a while back with an Xbox next to something like Jupiter or the world's largest (x) with the text XBOX IS FREAKING HUGE at the bottom.

Flappycat

I've never had a problem with anything made by Nintendo, and I imagine they would continue to function properly after being dropkicked a few times and left laying in the bushes for a few years. The games, however, have never appealed to me. Playstation has all the best games, it seems, which is highly annoying because the PS and PS2 consoles are pieces of crap that break down and need to be replaced after the first couple of years of operation. Oh, but I've found their performance during their short lifespans to be reasonably excellent, and their controller, unlike the console, is light, easy to use, and capable of surviving being stepped on, smashed against the floor, shaken about, and drenched in sticky beverages on a daily basis practically indefinitely, nevermind that the dog chewed the rubber off of one of the analog buttons of one.

As for X-box...they break down within the first year, people. Don't waste your money on them. Besides, their controllers are too heavy and lack any real innovation.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I've had my PS2 for years and it's never needed anything aside from a quick spray from a can of compressed air to get the dust out... same for all my other game systems.

A small miracle, considering sometimes I leave them on all night.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Jensa said:
A small miracle, considering sometimes I leave them on all night.
Hehee, I do that, too. Usually, unfortunately, when I'm playing while I'm tired and find myself asleep on the couch.

Linus

Jensa said:
And lord if they aren't heavy. Reminds me of those pictures I saw a while back with an Xbox next to something like Jupiter or the world's largest (x) with the text XBOX IS FREAKING HUGE at the bottom.
Ha ha. I guess it is a little on the large side, but it's nothing that overshadows the enjoyment I get from Halo.

Besides, I would rather deal with a large console that I have to handle maybe once a month as opposed to an awkward, arthritis-enduing controller that I have to handle, oh, uh, I don't know, EVERY TIME I WANT TO PLAY!

Just kidding.

But seriously, it gave me arthritis. ;)

Temporarily Deactive.
Jensa said:
N64's also great for things like Harvest Moon. :D
That game made me trauma on the floor.

I like N64 also cos I love Joanna Dark..oh I mean Perfect Dark:flirt: Perfect Dark is way more fun than Halo...oh, but Halo has good graphics:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I think my answer will be: Any console with Castlevania game on it. I am only missing 2..
Lament of Innocence and the new PS2 one..
Castlevania is my favorite seriers. My favorite one is Symphony of the Night. I love that game so much I bought the Japanese version of the soundtrack, and I got a big wall scroll with all the main characters (except for Shaft) on it. I can't wait for Curse of Darkness, which is the new PS2 one, and Im not sure if it's come out yet or not. I haven't had the money to go to a game store in a while.

I hate how everyone raves on about the Xbox and Halo..it aint THAT good.
I agree. Halo is too repetitive, and has a weapon variaty that is so small I think Metroid Prime has a bigger one. I do like the Xbox though. Built in hard-drive, and it stores music. And a seemingly endless supply of memory. It's not too much over 300,000 blocks though.

My favorite console is either the SNES or N64. I can't decide. SNES has FF2, Super Mario RPG (which I still have), Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and many great RPGs. The N64 has Perfect Dark, the greatest shooter ever, and No Mercy, the greatest wrestling game ever. And it has Goldeneye, which is also a great shooter. And it has the better version of Rampage: World Tour, and a few other good games. I can't decide which is better.

I am waiting for XBox360 and Perfect Dark Zero. I almost got the 360 paid for, and I do have Perfect Dark Zero paid for. The Store Director at Gamecrazy told me he got to play the Perfect Dark demo at E3, and suddenly Halo was deafeted so badly, he forgot it even existed. I am even taking the day it comes out and day after off of work so I can get three days to play it with very little interuption.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Harvest Moon has been my addiction for years. Every few months I'll get bouts of 'must play HM!' And stay up all night flirting with girls...

... I wonder if that factored into me being a lesbian. From 12 or so I did try to marry girls and get them pregnant on games. ;)

Temporarily Deactive.
Here's my fave games, I play these when not at Rf I don't harm anybody.

Nes: Castlevania 1-3, Ghosts n Goblins, Friday the 13th

Snes: Super Castlevania, Secret of Mana, Super Ghouls and Ghosts, Castlvania: Vampire's Kiss
Super Metroid

Genesis(megadrive): Ghouls and Ghosts, Streets of Rage 1-3

N64: Perfect Dark, Castlevania (both) Zelda Ocarina, Star Wars Episode 1

Playstation: Symphony of the Night (mr c) , Parasite Eve

Gameboy Advance: Castlvania (HOD, AOS,CoTM) Metroid Fusion

MAME/Arcade: Shadow over Mysteria, Streetfighter Alpha 3

Temporarily Deactive.
arthritis-enduing controller that I have to handle, oh, uh, I don't know, EVERY TIME I WANT TO PLAY!
I use the same controller for all my games and it's like a PS2 controller ;)

Fluffy

A fool
The PC obviously :).

Seriously though, my first console was a sega megadrive so that always has a soft spot in my heart. N64 probably wins hands down however. Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, analogue sticks, cartriges instead of cds... the list goes on and on.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The bad controllers are the Nintendo Revolution's controllers. It looks like a TV remote controller in one hand and a little device with a thumbstick in the other.

cardero

Citizen Mod
NEC’s TG-16 was a high point in my life. Top rated games like BONK’s Adventure. NEUTOPIA 1 & 2. BLAZING LASERS and DEVIL’S CRUSH the best pinball game for a video system unmatched. They were the first to enter the realm of color handhelds that had a superior picture and used the same game chips as the home based unit. They were also the first system (besides PCs) to use a CD-ROM add on.

Today it would have to be the PS2. Great exclusive games and the best RPG’s across the board.

tg16hardware.jpg