• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

best game console

Flappycat

Never had a problem with the PS2? Huh, I guess a lot of it depends upon care. I shared mine with my brother, and it was moved around a lot and played throughout most of the day, particularly during the Summer months in which it got a maximum of an hour's resting time on average for months at a time and was transfered back and forth between the den, both our bedrooms, and the "gameshack" that had at one point been intended for use as an office. However, our experience with it isn't particularly unique. A lot of them tend to fail after a couple of years. Even if a lot of that does depend upon how the console is treated, it remains that Nintendos are designed to last through whatever tortures a child or teen can put it through. That's probably one of the reasons that so many of the Nintendo games tend to be targeted at younger audiences.

It remains, however, that Playstation's controller hasn't got a match in the entire world. It's made for high speeds.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
*smacks self in head* Jensa, I can't believe I missed that you said you enjoyed HM and Morrowind! Those are two of my dearest loves!

HM got me through working at a call center. I love the cuteness of all the animals- especially the sheep!

I've only gotten to play on the XBox for about a week, but that was all it took for me to fall for Morrowind. Luckily, they have it for the computer, too. I like that you can download new areas, characters and houses. Unfortunately, it also gives you the ability to mess up your current game by installing said things. :( My favorite 'mod' is one that creates an area from Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" series in the game, complete with several recognizable characters.

For the computer, I hope to get "Journey Into the Wild Divine" someday. (I think that's what its name is, anyway.)

nutshell

I'd say PS2 is the best console, but Halo is my favorite game and that's only available on xbox.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
but Halo is my favorite game and that's only available on xbox.
Halo 2 is. I have Halo 1 for pc. I love playing online, jumping in a warthog, and running over both my allies and enemies in a rockets game.

Aqualung

Tasty
Yes! I loved that game!!!! I always played in grade school if I got my work done early. I loved hunting for the rabbits and stuff.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Mr C, seeing as you new about the TG16, do you remember Rondo of Blood?

Darkdale you are right, 2600 was a cool system..River Raid and Pacman;)

The Black Whirlwind

my favorite is the dreamcast solely because of Soul Calibur,t he only fighting game that ever got a perfect ten. Then its Xbox with Ninja Gaiden, which is the greatest ninja game in existence, the gamecube with James Bond nightfire and metroid prime, and the n64 with star fox. it sucks that dreamcast went out of production 4 years ago, but i managed to find a brand new and sealed one on ebay, i cant wait.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
When it comes to ninja games, Tenchu is an old favorite of mine. Lots of fond memories of being goofy with friends while playing it. And Spyro! Oh, man, does that bring back memories. Rena (friend I've mentioned a couple of times before that's now in boot camp) and I used to sit and play that while listening to Blue by Eiffel 65 and saying the strangest things about the game to entertain ourselves...

The Playstation has served me well. :D

EDIT: Flappy, I wonder if your problems with the PS2 have to do with which kind you have? I hear the new skinny ones are more prone to problems. I've got the old, slightly clunky, tried and true one. ;)

Flappycat

Morrowind doesn't hold a candle to Daggerfall. It was too cramped. Morrowind would have been fine if there had been more and bigger expansions. I also wouldn't have objected to a more complex and riddlesome spell creation system.

Shadow Wolf

Have you ever heard of the pc game called Sacred, Flappycat? It is much bigger, both time and map size (and I mean bigger by several fold) than Morrowind. It's feels like an MMORPG type game, but it's not.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Malus01 said:
Mr C, seeing as you new about the TG16, do you remember Rondo of Blood?

Darkdale you are right, 2600 was a cool system..River Raid and Pacman;)
I never came across Rondo of Blood but I am getting the feeling you and I are the only ones who remember this system.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
I also like hard bosses, and long games.Symphony had hard bosses like that Galamoth (yes, GalaMOTH,) hard to beat without Alucard Shield and the Rod. And it was long. I like long games.

One thing everyone LOVED about Super Mario (original NES) was you could run, jump, go down a pipe and you've finished it..

Shadow Wolf

Symphony had hard bosses like that Galamoth (yes, GalaMOTH,) hard to beat without Alucard Shield and the Rod.
Using the Alucard Shield and Shield Rod combination is the only way I have beat Galamoth if there isn't a completed game on the memory card. I suppose I could beat him if I was at a higher level, but I rarly make it past level 35.

The Black Whirlwind

any of you guys ever played Mortal Kombat deadly alliance? that had some very hard bosses in the arcade mode. i couldn't get past that big beast thing from outworld unless i used scorpion.

Tez

Whaaaat, Xbox?! Those huge things? The only thing they're good for is Halo and Morrowind.
Correction, lol, There good for Halo, Keeping my boyfriend entertained for hours by "modding it" but Morrowind is way better on the pc, they rushed it for the X-box and it is full of bugs,I think I had to restart a few times cause I got stuck in a wall :biglaugh:.

- Tez

Shadow Wolf

any of you guys ever played Mortal Kombat deadly alliance? that had some very hard bosses in the arcade mode. i couldn't get past that big beast thing from outworld unless i used scorpion.
Muloc, I could beat him with almost everyone. Using Kitana made it rather easy since she could attack quickly. Id prefer MK4 over DA though. Still has animalities, fatalities are harder to perform, and it just seems better to me. You would think the XBox and PS2 would have been able to do something better.