• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Indian movies

Marble

Rolling Marble
I like India & think I should have some good Indian movies.
Recommendations?
Can be anything but Bollywood trash.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Marble,

How many english movies could you suggest which is not Hollywood??
Bollywood also makes movies like Kahaani, Dirty Picture, Paan Sigh Tomar even Aamir Khans movies are good.
In fact our Bengal film industry has gone down in their standards from the Satyajit Ray, Mrinal Sen days and are copies of bollywood, telegu films.
Days ahead am sure new age directors are coming with small budget and gr8 films for all to watch.

Love & rgds

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I don't know if this qualifies as "Bollywood" or not, but I really liked this movie:

Water (2005) - IMDb

The film examines the plight of a group of widows forced into poverty at a temple in the holy city of Varanasi. It focuses on a relationship between one of the widows, who wants to escape the social restrictions imposed on widows, and a man who is from the highest caste and a follower of Mahatma Gandhi.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This is Bollywood trash but anyone liked Veeru Dada? The acting and entire movie was just friggin horrible, but all the same I couldnt take my eyes off the film for the entire thing! Had some good songs. I watched it twice! LOL

chinu

chinu
Banaras
[youtube]li66H5KmlhE[/youtube]
Banaras Polish Version - YouTube

'Banaras: A Mystic Love Story' explores the various forms of love. It dares to find a meaningful solution to the clash between rationality and blind faith and between what is visible and what is possible. Woven in the narrative are the themes that represent the eternal city of Banaras. The film has been shot at picturesque locations across Banaras as well as the exhilarating locales of Mauritius. The locations used in the film include the house of Kabir, the great weaver-saint, the Ramgarh Palace and Sarnath. The film's crew was also given special access to shoot the original manuscript of "Ramcharit Manas" written by Tulsidas and the famed Puja at the Vishwanath temple.

chinu

chinu
HEER WARIS SHAH -1
[youtube]pbbKm3aicFE[/youtube]
HEER WARIS SHAH FULL MOVIE - YouTube

HEER WARIS SHAH -2
[youtube]UvXACXAI084[/youtube]
Heer Waris Shah---2 - YouTube

"Waris Shah" This movie is based on the spiritual works of baba makhtum and further who initiated waris shah and later on who was the successor of baba makhtum and wrote heer and folk lyrics (Baint) Which was orginally written by waris shah in history round about 200 to 300 years back.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
This is Bollywood trash but anyone liked Veeru Dada? The acting and entire movie was just friggin horrible, but all the same I couldnt take my eyes off the film for the entire thing! Had some good songs. I watched it twice! LOL

The really weird thing is that my daughter JUST told me this about this movie YESTERDAY. She said nearly the exact same thing. She said her husband kept saying, "This movie is so weird, maybe too weird for me enjoy," but he kept right on watching it.