• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bhutto Dead!

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
BUDDY said:
I think it says a lot that none of you people have yet blamed the terrorists for her death. Interesting...
rolleyes.gif
I think you're reading too deeply into things. ;) The terrorists being ultimately responsible for her death is kinda obvious.

I feel sad for her family, her supporters and for all of those who are robbed of choosing her in the next election. I hope that her memory will bring joy and not sorrow.

As to her assassination. The reason she is dead is not the fault of Musharaff for not doing enough. It is also not her own fault for not being prepared enough. The blame for her death lies squarely on the shoulders of terrorists motivated by hatred of democracy and of a woman with power.

I think it says a lot that none of you people have yet blamed the terrorists for her death. Interesting...:rolleyes:

Benazir Bhutto gave her supporters the courage and incentive to express publicly their dreams of a democratic society in Pakistan. Now they are venting their horror and disgust with the remedy that Islam has turned to for 1,400 plus years in dealing with oppostion; murder and carnage. Musharraf's government feigns democracy and alliance with the West while harboring terrorists and possibly bin Laden himself. And what will change now that Bhutto is out of the way? Nothing.
In Islam there are in reality no moderates in politics. Where we westerners refer to Bhutto as a moderate Muslim, the conservative/fundamentalist Muslim views a moderate stance as the radical...and very un-Islamic. Anyone who proposes democracy in a Muslim nation is radical while the extremists hold to the traditional interpretation of Islam. The moderate Muslim is considered an enemy of Allah, Mohammad, the Qur'an, and the ummah, and an apostate calling other Muslims to the apostasy. The very idea of democracy is offensive to Islam and goes contrary to the Qur'an's call for an Islamic theocracy.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
I think you're right.

It also says a lot that some Muslim websites are claiming she was assassinated by Musharraf in collusion with the United States and Israel, as part of the worldwide plot against Islam. :rolleyes:
So then I take it you don't buy the Al Quaida claim for her death?

I never pegged you for the conspiracy type. What do you think happened?

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
I think it says a lot when you try to make us look like heartless evil animals:rolleyes:
Did I say that you were heartless or evil? Please don't put words in my mouth. I am saying that blame needs to be put where it belongs and no one had done so on this thread. That is just a fact. The woman was running for office and was assassinated because her politics did not fall in line with religious fundamentalist wackos who want to rule the world under their twisted and perverted practice of Islam.

There, we can be friends again.:)

Smoke

Done here.
So then I take it you don't buy the Al Quaida claim for her death?

I never pegged you for the conspiracy type. What do you think happened?
No, I think the government claim that Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, which is affiliated with al Qaeda, was responsible is entirely credible.

I meant it was telling that the insanity among Muslim extremists has now reached the point that Muslim violence is blamed on Zionism, and not only to the extent that Muslim violence has been provoked by Zionism, either. It's also telling that almost anything at all can be twisted by these fanatics into an attack on Islam.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
No, I think the government claim that Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, which is affiliated with al Qaeda, was responsible is entirely credible.

I meant it was telling that the insanity among Muslim extremists has now reached the point that Muslim violence is blamed on Zionism, and not only to the extent that Muslim violence has been provoked by Zionism, either. It's also telling that almost anything at all can be twisted by these fanatics into an attack on Islam.
Okay, I can see that.

Personally, I was very skeptical when (within 24 hours) the government of Pakistan was releasing a transcript of hte entire recorded conversation that they said was proof that Al Quaida affiliates were responsible for her murder. I saw that and my BS alert immediately went off. But then, I thought it was probably necessary to release the information given the political state of affairs at present.

Did I say that you were heartless or evil? Please don't put words in my mouth. I am saying that blame needs to be put where it belongs and no one had done so on this thread. That is just a fact. The woman was running for office and was assassinated because her politics did not fall in line with religious fundamentalist wackos who want to rule the world under their twisted and perverted practice of Islam.

There, we can be friends again.:)

note to self: must blame someone so I look oil a good person:sarcastic

MFaraz_Hayat

Nordicßearskin;1027006 said:
At the same time, she provided a democratic alternative to an unpopular and authoritarian military regime. This alternative was certainly far from perfect, but it did represent one of the few stabilising forces in Pakistan.
Democratic alternative? She had agreed with Nawaz Shariff (Leader of Muslim League Nawaz) that if muslim league or ppp won: First period PPP will rule and Second Period Muslim league will rule.
She still has cases against her in Swiss courts......
I am a Pakistani and live in KArachi.

Benazir Bhutto gave her supporters the courage and incentive to express publicly their dreams of a democratic society in Pakistan. Now they are venting their horror and disgust with the remedy that Islam has turned to for 1,400 plus years in dealing with oppostion; murder and carnage. Musharraf's government feigns democracy and alliance with the West while harboring terrorists and possibly bin Laden himself. And what will change now that Bhutto is out of the way? Nothing.
In Islam there are in reality no moderates in politics. Where we westerners refer to Bhutto as a moderate Muslim, the conservative/fundamentalist Muslim views a moderate stance as the radical...and very un-Islamic. Anyone who proposes democracy in a Muslim nation is radical while the extremists hold to the traditional interpretation of Islam. The moderate Muslim is considered an enemy of Allah, Mohammad, the Qur'an, and the ummah, and an apostate calling other Muslims to the apostasy. The very idea of democracy is offensive to Islam and goes contrary to the Qur'an's call for an Islamic theocracy.
Utter BS on so many levels. What amused me the most was mentioning that The Qur'an calls for a theocracy. News flash: its doesn't.

To be more on topic. I'm thoroughly disappointed about Bhutto's death. I think its pretty obvious who the perpetrators were and theres an air of inevitability about her death. my condolences go out to not only Bhutto's family, but the 130 people that also lost their lives in the bomb attack.