• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible - Book of lies

outhouse

Atheistically
I'm not sure what your point is. The entire Bible is inspired by God. (2 Timothy 3:16,17)

having god in your heart and calling that inspiration DOES NOT make the mythical part of theology accurate, Or the historical material accurate.

Your logic is that because some of the book is partially right, its all right. It doesnt work like that in the real world.

rusra02

Premium Member
having god in your heart and calling that inspiration DOES NOT make the mythical part of theology accurate, Or the historical material accurate.

Your logic is that because some of the book is partially right, its all right. It doesnt work like that in the real world.

No, my logic is that because the book is all right, its all right.

outhouse

Atheistically
No, my logic is that because the book is all right, its all right.

Well we know it IS written allegorically and they had no purpose to make it accurate so its not.

There was no worldwide flood EVER
many people spoke different languages before the tower of babel
No man lived in a fish/whale
the earth is older then 6000 years by lineage
hebrews as a culture only go back to 1250BC not before
Life evolves it was never created.

Ancient hebrews didnt have a clue about the natural world around them and it shows in their ancient writing.

Photonic

Ad astra!
Your earlier post claims Genesis 1:27 says "(The first man and woman were created simultaneously.)"

That scripture simply says: "And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God's image he created him: male and female he created them." It says nothing to indicate they were created simultaneously. Therefore, your argument has no merit.
The Bible is what it claims to be, "The word of God." (2 Thessalonians 2:13)

My question for you is if it is the word of God (denoting an all power-perfect, all knowing deity), why does it contradict itself constantly?

An imperfect book laid down by God?

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

No, it is the word of humans ON the topic of God. Not Gods word.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
hebrews as a culture only go back to 1250BC not before.
Evidence?

Memphis steele.

I believe is the earliest known written record AND ...
You are embarrassingly wrong.
  • The term is 'stele', not 'steele'.
  • You are most likely referring to the Menshe Stele [circa 840 BCE], not the "Memphis steele".
  • Antedating the Menshe Stele by nearly 4 centuries is the Merneptah Stele [circa 1210 BCE] which references the Israelites. It is absurd to suggest that a culture well enough established to be so designated was only 4 decades old.
What makes this particularly embarrassing is the fact that the Merneptah Stele is one of the best known artifacts of relevance to Syro-Palestinian Archaeology yet you seem oblivious to its existence and import.

... AND through archeology we know exactly the population levels in the levant regarding early ancient hebrews.
That statement is far too stupid to warrant rebuttal.

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
Not quite. A "lie" is a deliberately untruthful statement. Just because something happens to be untrue does not make it a lie.

Agreed

OK, I agree with you.
Instead of lie I should have used unthruts or something like that or simply contradictions.

Contradictions? Oh well, yeah in that case the case is obvious.

Bible is full of contradictions, and to be fair, there are still (unfortunately) people today that think the world was made in 7 days and that fossils were created by the devil to confuse us.

Genesis wasn´t a "methaphore" for people through the ages, it became one when science proved it flawed.

outhouse

Atheistically
You are embarrassingly wrong.
  • The term is 'stele', not 'steele'.
  • You are most likely referring to the Menshe Stele [circa 840 BCE], not the "Memphis steele".
  • Antedating the Menshe Stele by nearly 4 centuries is the Merneptah Stele [circa 1210 BCE] which references the Israelites. It is absurd to suggest that a culture well enough established to be so designated was only 4 decades old.
What makes this particularly embarrassing is the fact that the Merneptah Stele is one of the best known artifacts of relevance to Syro-Palestinian Archaeology yet you seem oblivious to its existence and import.

That statement is far too stupid to warrant rebuttal.

LOL I have mey spelling wrong call the cops LOL ;) im working off memory LOl

I believe it was the Merneptah.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
YOu have provided no evidence for a period before 1250BC either. Its because you cannot.

Israelites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The name Israel first appears c. 1209 BCE, at the end of the Late Bronze Age and the very beginning of the period archaeologists and historians call Iron Age I, in an inscription of the Egyptian pharaoh Merneptah. The inscription is very brief and says simply: "Israel is laid waste and his seed is not". The hieroglyph accompanying the name "Israel" indicates that it refers to a people, most probably located in the highlands of Samaria.[15]
Over the next two hundred years (the period of Iron Age I) the number of highland villages increased from 25 to over 300[16] and the settled population doubled to 40,000.[17] There is general agreement that the majority of the population living in these villages was of Canaanite origin.[16] By the 10th century BCE a rudimentary state had emerged in the north-central highlands,[18] and in the 9th century this became a kingdom. The kingdom was sometimes called Israel by its neighbours.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
YOu have provided no evidence for a period before 1250BC either. Its because you cannot.

Israelites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The name Israel first appears c. 1209 BCE, at the end of the Late Bronze Age and the very beginning of the period archaeologists and historians call Iron Age I, in an inscription of the Egyptian pharaoh Merneptah. The inscription is very brief and says simply: "Israel is laid waste and his seed is not". The hieroglyph accompanying the name "Israel" indicates that it refers to a people, most probably located in the highlands of Samaria.[15]
Over the next two hundred years (the period of Iron Age I) the number of highland villages increased from 25 to over 300[16] and the settled population doubled to 40,000.[17] There is general agreement that the majority of the population living in these villages was of Canaanite origin.[16] By the 10th century BCE a rudimentary state had emerged in the north-central highlands,[18] and in the 9th century this became a kingdom. The kingdom was sometimes called Israel by its neighbours.
This from the outhouse that gives us the preposterous ...
... through archeology we know exactly the population levels in the levant regarding early ancient hebrews.​
Have you every actually taken the time to read Finklestein or Dever or Mazar? Drop the pretence and go read something other than a brief Wiki article -- and try to actually understand what you're reading. :rolleyes:

outhouse

Atheistically
I understand the semetic origins of the migration of people to Israel, I have no problem giving you until 1300 ish BC that people were migrating that way. BUT no culture with a central theme existed there at that time. I small village of semetic speaking people does not constitute a culture. Or one that had its own theology of that time.

please. If you have the knowledge share it

outhouse

Atheistically
What an arrogant joke ...
(by the way, the word is 'semitic')

atleast you enjoy attacking members instead of teaching them, despite your knowledge this shows allot of class. ;)

condescending is not educating, hell its not debating either. :confused:

I dont mind spelling corrections, thank you. atleast you participate a little

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
atleast you enjoy attacking members instead of teaching them, despite your knowledge this shows allot of class. ;)

condescending is not educating, hell its not debating either. :confused:
Yes, you are confused. Are you seriously insisting that a culture (the Israelite People) referenced on the Menerptah Stele was only 4 decades old?

outhouse

Atheistically
Yes, you are confused. Are you seriously insisting that a culture (the Israelite People) referenced on the Menerptah Stele was only 4 decades old?

you would be lucky if its 40 year s old at that point.

there is no evidence at all for the hebrew culture existing before that time.

less you want to get into the possibility of the habiru connection which is not solid at all.

outhouse

Atheistically

the stele really isnt proof of the hebrew culture either. Im giving you that and use 1250 based on room for error.

Honestly 1250 might be giving you to much based on the population of the area. we dont start seeing any real religious artifacts from the culture until roughly 1000BC along with the pottery shard as the oldest writing