• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Infallibility

Dr Jecto

If the bible wasn't infallible, then we couldn't listen to it. Therefore it has to be completely true. What do you think?

astarath

One must ask which Christianity for I assure you yours is not the same as mine. Which translation, denomination? Which strain of dogma or authoritative power?

Dr Jecto

Catholics mainly, but I have no quarrel with Protestants or any other denominations. *edit*

Last edited by a moderator:

Mulder

I'm sorry, that was stupid. But dont the beliefs of humans decide how you're raised in the first place?

Dr Jecto

It was not foolish. And to answer your question yes in many cases. That is why it is up to Christians to evangelize other religions so we can save them from damnation.

astarath

Than the topic of biblical infallability is null and void as the book of the chrisitian is merely nothing more than a paper weight.

Mainly catholic...interesting. What is a catholic stance on biblical infallability? How far does it extend? To which writings which books? What basis does a catholic use to discern scripture and grant it Holy Infallability?