• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Salvation

Funny...I wasn't talking about the thief on the cross. I was talking about God's impetus in baptism. What would you like to know about the thief on the cross?

Well, when you study control with differernt religious institutions, it seems that water baptism by specific spiritual leaders become a necessary requirement for salvation. I think the correct term is called baptismal regeneration.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Well, when you study control with differernt religious institutions, it seems that water baptism by specific spiritual leaders become a necessary requirement for salvation. I think the correct term is called baptismal regeneration.
What do you mean by "control?" Which religious institutions? Mine? My "institution" does not "require" baptism by a "specific spiritual leader" for salvation to occur.
It seems you're postulating based upon a number of assumptions that may or may not be valid.

Ronald

Jas. 2:17-26 This almost didn't get canonized!
Those who know Salvation/Yeshua, do worthy works of redemption!

Shalom

Ronald

Do you mean Judeo-Christianity?
No! Predates Christianity, the Way,a sect of the Jews. Hebrews who had the testamony of Yeshua and keep his commandments. Sometimes called Hebrew Roots, sometimes called Messianic Judaism, but never the less they are "People of the Way."
The Disciples were first time called Christians by those pagans in Antioch, the disciples were of the Way. Just the same error as Columbus first called the natives of the future New World, Indians! Indians were half a world away. Christians like the Native Americans have kept a false image forever. LOL
Shalom

No! Predates Christianity, the Way,a sect of the Jews. Hebrews who had the testamony of Yeshua and keep his commandments. Sometimes called Hebrew Roots, sometimes called Messianic Judaism, but never the less they are "People of the Way."
The Disciples were first time called Christians by those pagans in Antioch, the disciples were of the Way. Just the same error as Columbus first called the natives of the future New World, Indians! Indians were half a world away. Christians like the Native Americans have kept a false image forever. LOL
Shalom

Is this the religon that you belong to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Way_Church_of_Our_Lord_Jesus_Christ

Ronald

Not even close!
Hebrew Roots or Messianic Judaish, there is only one Y H V H , not three persons so non-trinatarian, the Torah is the written Word of God, all other scriptures must comply to the Torah, so if any interpretation changes the meaning of Torah it is faulty commentary. Just as the Jews the Way is on every Christian heresy list.
There are people that say they are fundamentalist, but I've never seen many who abide with Torah. Torah is the foundation. Yeshua lived Torah perfectly up until the time he went back to the Father, there are a few Moedim he has not lived out, He will when he returns, then the Kingdom will fully come. If one is not Torah observant, he will be saved, but will not enter the city by it's gates. Nothing unclean will enter there-in.

Shalom