• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Bang Theory M-AM and other stuff...

sky87

Fade said:
No it doesn't.
thats a very baseless comment :sarcastic here are some more quotes from the qur'an that support the big bang as well as the universe' expansion.
"Moreover He comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been (as) smoke: He said to it and to the earth: 'Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly.' They said: 'We do come (together), in willing obedience.'(The Noble Quran, 41:11-12)"
"Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe? (The Noble Quran, 21:30)"
"And the firmament, We constructed with power and skill and verily We are expanding it. (The Noble Quran, 51:47)"

Fade

The Great Master Bates
No a baseless comment would be one implying that the authors of the Koran had even the slightest incling of what big bang theory is.

At any rate the quotes you've posted don't say anything about the big bang. The last one looks like it could be coming close but to think that it is refering to a singularity rapidly expanding into the known universe is quite a stretch.

Judgement Day

Fade said:
At any rate the quotes you've posted don't say anything about the big bang. The last one looks like it could be coming close but to think that it is refering to a singularity rapidly expanding into the known universe is quite a stretch.
Are you implying that the Quran should describe it in details?

Fade

The Great Master Bates
Judgement Day said:
Are you implying that the Quran should describe it in details?

No, I'm implying that the Quran doesn't describe it at all. :banghead3

If you are going to say that the Quran is describing the Big Bang you should at least back it up with direct evidence. And I don't mean random quotes taken out of context that when read backwards while squinting, might seem to be refering to a bang of some sort.

alexander garcia

Hi, I think your theory isas good as any. Unprovable, but possible. It is funny to me how so many can trash this person when idf you think that evolution is true why can't this person theory ? Oh ya I forgot he is not in your circle. SMILE

Fade

The Great Master Bates
alexander garcia said:
Hi, I think your theory isas good as any. Unprovable, but possible. It is funny to me how so many can trash this person when idf you think that evolution is true why can't this person theory ? Oh ya I forgot he is not in your circle. SMILE

What are you talking about? :rolleyes:

Fade said:
No, I'm implying that the Quran doesn't describe it at all. :banghead3

If you are going to say that the Quran is describing the Big Bang you should at least back it up with direct evidence. And I don't mean random quotes taken out of context that when read backwards while squinting, might seem to be refering to a bang of some sort.

All he is saying is that language in the Quran can be interpreted as supporting the Big Bang theory. Most people in the rationalist tradition of Islam view the Quran as validating scientific principles, and this is just one of many examples.

Ori

Angel slayer
What does the scientific community think of the Quran and it's relevance ( or lack of ) towards the big bang and evolution?

St0ne

Would it be fair to say that most world religions accept the big bang theory? I mean the way I see it regardless of what caused it the evidence strongly suggests that it did happen pretty much to beyond doubt.

Thales of Ga.

Skeptic Griggsy
I don't know, you indeed do know! Thanks. Team Ashtekar, Lee Smolin Paul Steinhardt and Lee Smolin and others will do what Clffford Richard Dawkins would maintain : give us real information on the transformations of eternal Existence against theologians who merely guess.
We have no evidence for God behind the Big Bang, i believe.

That is just the pareidolia of seeing Supreme Mind behind Existence when science shows no need for divine agency as Victor Stenger so shows in 'Has Science found God," "God : the Failed Hypothesis,' and ' Not by Design."
Please don't use the fallacious fine-tuning argument as in the first place it begs the question that we would arrive. As noted in the current Skeptic, had it not been for the meteor that caused the demise of the dinosaurs, there would have been no other big brain animals like us! Determinism and randomness apply.
Indeed , Jayhawker!

Last edited by a moderator: