• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bigfoot Evidence?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Here is a thread for outhouse and painted wolf and anyone else who wants to join in. Feel free to bring over any posts from the other thread where this started. I'll just bring the last post on there:

agreed, it could use its own thread. i will respond towhat has been written.

very false, bfro detects hoaxed material and even material in question will be labeled as such.

i would suspect the ratio of this doesnt warrant a reply, its stupid to suggest this example and a clear lack of research done on the subject.

patterns of sightings compiled and anylized as well as the reflective eyes at night that glow with a light. [humans dont have this]

some are said to have a pointed head but not a large pronounced sagital crest

valid point but up until the last 100 years we didnt even know about the gorilla or have evidence. new species are discovered quite often.

Its obvious you have done little to no real research on the subject, common. Theres only a handfull of true researchers involved today in the hunt.

I can tell you that CREDIBAL sightings are common even if a short quick sighting, things do happen in the mountains city folk would never understand

I would like to respond to your droppings comment, too. Painted wolf can correct me, if I'm wrong, but as far as I know there's no reason they can't get DNA from droppings.

I'm still waiting for the credible evidence you seem to think is out there, outhouse. So far, all I've seen are arguments about it being possible. Yes, there are people who say they've seen bigfoot. There are people who say they've seen dragons and aliens, too. Unless there's something to back up their sightings, there's no reason to believe them.

As for your comment here about gorillas, yes, new things are being discovered all the time, but only in places and situations where little was previously known. We know a good bit about the places bigfoot is supposed to be, and people have been searching for evidence of one for many decades, even with modern technology in the past few decades. We still have no solid evidence, unless you can show us something.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Droppings are great for getting DNA! Cells from the gut are always present and droppings are key to tracking the genetic diversity of species like forest elephants, lynx and tigers. Hair too is easily analyzed.

Thanks to real time PCR (polymerase chain reaction) you can amplify DNA from a single cell in a matter of hours. I know, because I've done it with Limulus (American Horseshoe Crab).

here is just one example: BioOne Online Journals - DNA Analysis of Hair and Scat Collected Along Snow Tracks to Document the Presence of Canada Lynx

It is curios that no DNA evidence has come from scat... even when supposed nests have been found... it makes Bigfoot a singularly hygienic species. No other ape (even humans) is so inclined.

And the Gorilla was first described by the Carthaginians about 500BCE... and scientifically described in 1842.

wa:do

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
outhouse said:
very false, bfro detects hoaxed material and even material in question will be labeled as such
Not really, the BFRO are notorious for not being particularly selective when it comes to filtering out the dross. They claimed the Sonoma video was authentic! :facepalm:
The head of BFRO, Matt Moneymaker, may perhaps sometimes be interpreted as a somewhat litigious person having threatened lawsuits against criticism of his organization in the past. Maybe. Or so I’ve heard.

Anyway, Moneymaker is a lawyer and his academic credentials concerning anthropology, zoology, biology or any scientific discipline is zero. Not a conclusive blow against him, but definitely relevant when it comes to his extraordinary claims.

outhouse said:
valid point but up until the last 100 years we didnt even know about the gorilla or have evidence. new species are discovered quite often.
Exactly, you're making the point against the likelihood of bigfoot. New species are discovered and verified at an astonishing rate. The gamut from tiny critters to large ones were found in 2009- ASU lists their top 10 which I'll use to illustrate my point. If such small creatures in such isolated environments are being discovered by the dozens why is there no bigfoot fossil evidence or valid physical remains to present for scientific analysis? Despite the vast area of the Pacific North West something as large as a bigfoot would surely betray its presence if it were to maintain a viable breeding population.
outhouse said:
I can tell you that CREDIBAL sightings are common even if a short quick sighting, things do happen in the mountains city folk would never understand

City folk! Where you goin’ city boy!
I’m L.A. born city folk that grew up in the woods of the Pacific NW. Can I play? :D

And the Gorilla was first described by the Carthaginians about 500BCE... and scientifically described in 1842.

wa:do
Thank you! I get so sick of hearing this claim brought up by cryptozoologists all the time. :sleep:

outhouse

Atheistically
One can visit www.bfro.net and make his or her own decision

All I can say is unless YOU havent been to a known area of activity where the population is said to be the highest [pacific northwest] then you dont know or understand the sheer volume of sightings they deal with. credibal is about 400 a year.

I have done this myself and talked to many people. In areas such as stated above I have found almost 1 in 4 know something or a friend ect.

if you go into a city that turns into instant crazy talk and denied by the vast majority.

DNA from droppings

To date, it has been presumed all DNA testing on stool, saliva, and hair specimens have come up inconclusive due to their near identical human qualities. Science can perform testing on either nuclear or mitochondrial DNA to determine how close between human and great ape this range falls. Dr. Fahrenbach has collected hair specimens from various states and told The Royal Forum, "Hair color ranges a full spectrum of human natural colors, other than perhaps light blonde. But about 60% is very dark brown to black, the rest red, brown, gray, and quite white on occasion. I have about two dozen hair samples from various states. All of them are congruent in internal microscopic structure, but differing in color and length. They generally are devoid of medulla, the cellular core of the hair, something that also is found in some human hairs and hence, does not allow for an absolute identification. DNA analysis has been attempted several times with negative results. In any case, the hair is not similar to orangutan, gorilla, or chimp hair."

There are people who say they've seen dragons and aliens, too. Unless there's something to back up their sightings, there's no reason to believe them

there not finding tracks of dragons, nor dermal ridges in said foorprints nor hair. the people that report dragons are not credibal in any sense. I have talked to paramedics, forestry workers and other upstanding people that have a hard time believing what they saw with there own eyes. They were firm disbelievers before such a sighting.

theres a difference in credibal sightings and hoaxers and nut jobs.

if you dont live in an area where they are not seen on a normal basis I dont expect you to believe

A

angellous_evangellous

All I can say is unless YOU havent been to a known area of activity where the population is said to be the highest [pacific northwest] then you dont know or understand the sheer volume of sightings they deal with. credibal is about 400 a year.

I have done this myself and talked to many people. In areas such as stated above I have found almost 1 in 4 know something or a friend ect.

if you go into a city that turns into instant crazy talk and denied by the vast majority.

To date, it has been presumed all DNA testing on stool, saliva, and hair specimens have come up inconclusive due to their near identical human qualities. Science can perform testing on either nuclear or mitochondrial DNA to determine how close between human and great ape this range falls. Dr. Fahrenbach has collected hair specimens from various states and told The Royal Forum, "Hair color ranges a full spectrum of human natural colors, other than perhaps light blonde. But about 60% is very dark brown to black, the rest red, brown, gray, and quite white on occasion. I have about two dozen hair samples from various states. All of them are congruent in internal microscopic structure, but differing in color and length. They generally are devoid of medulla, the cellular core of the hair, something that also is found in some human hairs and hence, does not allow for an absolute identification. DNA analysis has been attempted several times with negative results. In any case, the hair is not similar to orangutan, gorilla, or chimp hair."

there not finding tracks of dragons, nor dermal ridges in said foorprints nor hair. the people that report dragons are not credibal in any sense. I have talked to paramedics, forestry workers and other upstanding people that have a hard time believing what they saw with there own eyes. They were firm disbelievers before such a sighting.

if you dont live in an area where they are not seen on a normal basis I dont expect you to believe

credible.... credible

jeez

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

Really Outhouse, one who demands empirical evidence for the existence of God, should demand the same standards for the existence mythical creatures.

Extraction of human nuclear DNA from feces samples... [J Forensic Sci. 2002] - PubMed result

outhouse

Atheistically
scientifically described in 1842

ok there ya go im of 50 years lol

point is they went undiscovered for a long time

i will take note that its 150 years with a slight mention in ancient text of a hairy man

outhouse

Atheistically
Really Outhouse, one who demands empirical evidence for the existence of God

I dont believe in the christian myth god

theres more proof for bigfoot then god or jesus lol

Anyway I didnt start this thread nor would I, its just my belief based on me going out and doing research. since your all armchair researchers your points are noted as such.

A

angellous_evangellous

ok there ya go im of 50 years lol

point is they went undiscovered for a long time

i will take note that its 150 years with a slight mention in ancient text of a hairy man

It's very likely that the Native Americans in that area didn't have a written language in ancient times (only one or two had written languages developed in the late 19th century).... so there would be tales of bigfoot (which I believe that there are) rather than ancient texts.

Now that's credible.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I dont believe in the christian myth god

theres more proof for bigfoot then god or jesus lol

Anyway I didnt start this thread nor would I, its just my belief based on me going out and doing research. since your all armchair researchers your points are noted as such.
This 'armchair researcher' grew up in the mountains of Oregon. Painted Wolf is a Biologist.

Who are you? The Jane Goodall of "Bigfoots"? Have you observed them? Lived among them?

Or perhaps you have studied the empirical evidence? Or followed the peer reviewed articles in 'Science' confirming the existence of Bigfoot?

No?

Then you have no more evidence for Bigfoot than a theist has for God.
At least they can claim lack of evidence due to transcendence.
What is the excuse for your lack of empirical, objective evidence?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es

400 a year...! You'd think in the post-cell phone camera world there'd be a convincing pic or two instead of an ambiguous blur. Credible indeed. :no:
Ancecdotes are great but worthless as evidence. I grew up in the PNW and I too can tell tales about things people claimed to see and experience. It's not particularly convincing.
I like Portland. it's a neat city. :cool:
To date, it has been presumed all DNA testing on stool, saliva, and hair specimens have come up inconclusive due to their near identical human qualities.

Science can perform testing on either nuclear or mitochondrial DNA to determine how close between human and great ape this range falls. Dr. Fahrenbach has collected hair specimens from various states and told The Royal Forum, "Hair color ranges a full spectrum of human natural colors, other than perhaps light blonde. But about 60% is very dark brown to black, the rest red, brown, gray, and quite white on occasion. I have about two dozen hair samples from various states. All of them are congruent in internal microscopic structure, but differing in color and length. They generally are devoid of medulla, the cellular core of the hair, something that also is found in some human hairs and hence, does not allow for an absolute identification. DNA analysis has been attempted several times with negative results. In any case, the hair is not similar to orangutan, gorilla, or chimp hair."
Really? May the similarity also be due to it being human DNA? Other hairs that have been tested have been conclusively traced to opossum, bears and Homo sapiens. Inconclusive is not evidence to support the bigfoot hypothesis.

Dr. Fahrenbach is an odd one. Bigfoot enthusiasts always portray him as an expert on primates but his PhD is in Marine Biology. He is not a primatologist or zoologist as various sites claim. he is not a forensic anthropologist. It's interesting that Dr. Feurenbach is one of the few scientists to test hair samples and defend the bigfoot interpretation.

Also, Dr. Fahrenbach has yet to publish any papers in any peer reviewed journals on bigfoot DNA. And so it goes...

The footprint evidence is really pathetic. People see dermal ridges where there are none, much like seeing dragons in the clouds or Jesus' face in a burnt tortilla.

How are paramedics or forestry workers better trained in identifying anomalous animals in the wild than the average person? Why is their anecdotal evidence more convincing?

tomato1236

Ninja Master
I hope people do take pictures of bigfoot and find out it's real. I'm in favor of people proving UFOs exist and are aliens. These things would spice the world up if they were true.

outhouse

Atheistically
This 'armchair researcher' grew up in the mountains of Oregon. Painted Wolf is a Biologist.

Who are you? The Jane Goodall of "Bigfoots"? Have you observed them? Lived among them?

Or perhaps you have studied the empirical evidence? Or followed the peer reviewed articles in 'Science' confirming the existence of Bigfoot?

No?

Then you have no more evidence for Bigfoot than a theist has for God.
At least they can claim lack of evidence due to transcendence.
What is the excuse for your lack of empirical, objective evidence?

well im not a old tatted up hippy living in elpaso county Co area :eek:

growing weed in the foothills of oregon doesnt count as research lol :D

my belief, is just that. Mine. i dont force it anyone and keep to myself.

Dont like it? :canoe:beat it lol

outhouse

Atheistically
people proving UFOs exist

yeesh numbskull UFO's exist, what they are is surely up for interpetation

If you want have a BBQ on me no problem, I believe there alien craft. aliens in them however is up for debate. could be drones for all we know.

tomato1236

Ninja Master
yeesh numbskull UFO's exist, what they are is surely up for interpetation

If you want have a BBQ on me no problem, I believe there alien craft. aliens in them however is up for debate. could be drones for all we know.
Excuse me. "Alien craft".

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
I hope people do take pictures of bigfoot and find out it's real. I'm in favor of people proving UFOs exist and are aliens. These things would spice the world up if they were true.

Pictures...psshh...if I see a bigfoot or an alien I'm pumping it full of lead and dragging its carcass to the nearest town hall. Just a heads up for any of you potential hoaxters in costumes out there.

outhouse

Atheistically
Pictures...psshh...if I see a bigfoot or an alien I'm pumping it full of lead and dragging its carcass to the nearest town hall. Just a heads up for any of you potential hoaxters in costumes out there.

there were people near tahoe doing that and filming it. im supprised they didnt get shot.

hunters that see them

#1 are afraid if they miss or wound it, it could harm them if provoked. Most wish they had a bigger gun lol.

#2 there afraid of committing murder by shooting someone that could be in a costume.